Showing your husband you care is wonderful, but telling him with these love showing me that love is something you do; something not just to be said, but also .
Showing your husband you care is wonderful, but telling him with these love quotes for your husband is even more special. Words have the power to move mountains, and these beautiful husband quotes are the perfect way to express to your man your undying love for him.
The power to make your relationship even better lies in your hands. You can strengthen your love for each other by just using the right words. Love quotes can help you describe the intensity of your love for your husband.
Your choice of words can make a huge impact in the life of your man. It’s for this reason that we have compiled this list of beautiful love quotes for your husband to make him feel appreciated.
Below is our collection of sweet, romantic, and wonderful husband quotes, husband sayings, and husband proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
1.) “My husband is..my happy place.” – IntentionallyToday
2.) “Some will love you for who you are, others will the mask you wear. Thank you for loving me still even when I took off my mask.” –LikeLoveQuotes
3.) “Babe, thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for making me smile like crazy. Thank you for making me happy.” – The LoveBits
4.) “Thank you for being you, for sharing your love with me..for inspiring me to accept myself..for helping me see the unique beauty in imperfection…for showing me that love is something you do; something not just to be said, but also to be shown.” – Steve Maraboli
5.) “Being in love with you makes every morning worth getting up for.” – Unknown
6.) “You’re that part of me I’ll always need” – Unknown
7.) “Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
8.) “Your love shines in my heart as the sun that shines upon the earth.” – Eleanor Di Guillo
9.) “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” –Hermann Hesse
10.) “You make me complete. I love you so much, I din’t know what love meant until I met you.” – Unknown
11.) “I have a crush on your mind, I fell for your personality, and your looks are just a big bonus.” – The Notebook
12.) “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
13.) “I’ll allow you to appear in my dreams every night if I’ll be allowed to be yours.” – Unknown
14.) “I know you, and I can openly say how love looks like.” – Unknown
15.) “I don’t wanna close my eyes, I don’t wanna fall asleep because I’d miss you babe and I don’t wanna miss a thing.” – Aerosmith
16.) “Thank you, my love, for always making me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.” – Unknown
17.) “If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.” – DeAnna Anderson
18.) “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
19.) “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” — Diana Peterfreund
20.) “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
21.) “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” — Emily Dickinson
22.) “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same” – Emily Brontë
23.) “One day, I caught myself smiling without no reason, then I realized I was thinking of you.” – Unknown
24.) “It doesn’t matter where I am. I’m yours.” – Unknown
25.) “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
26.) “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” – Jane Austen
27.) “Then I realize what it is. It’s him. Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames.”― Veronica Roth
28.) “I love you as one loves certain dark things, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda
29.) “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything” – T. Tolis
30.) “I fell for you, and am still falling” – Unknown
Here's a fun list of everyday ways to say I love you to your husband or wife. There's more than ways to say I love you here (plus a link to a.
At Guy Stuff we work with couples facing a wide variety of problems. Love fading or being gone all together, and falling out of love are big ones for many couples in long-term relationships. In fact, there are many couples who, after years together, completely forget to express love toward one another at all. A frequent complaint for wives in particular is that their husband never says, “I love you.”
A wife I've been working with in marriage counseling for men told me yesterday that last week her husband asked her for a hug for the first time in their 15 year marriage. She said over the years she had come to accept the lack of affection even though she wasn’t happy about it, but it was just how things were. When he hugged her it made her realize that not only had that level of affection been missing, but that her husband had also never said, “I love you” in nearly 15 years as well.
I know she can relate to these excerpts from the article, Advice: He Never Says "I Love You", from Psychology Today. How about you?
Can you relate to this wife?
Here's the advice she got from Psychology Today:
I disagree with the part of the Psychology Today response that says that this husband "can't" say "I love you.” I would change that to he's not comfortable, he doesn't know how, or just that he hasn’t said "I love you" – yet. I do counseling with men that this describes, but they can and do develop the ability to say "I love you"and turn it into a habit with the right help.
Yes, “I love you” is just words, but they’re powerful words. Some people would claim that they don’t need to say it because they make a habit of showing it. I would say you need to do both.
A relationship takes work and effort. Too often we fall into routines and just assume that our partner knows how we feel. And then, as years go by we accept the lack of attention we give our partner, or receive from our partner, as normal – much like the couple I mentioned above.
But saying “I love you” to your partner or spouse should remind both of you that there’s more to your relationship than getting through the day-to-day. It helps to maintain the bond you’ve created and reinforces your connection to each other.
Yes, there is. The words “I love you” have to go along with the actions that show they’re true. Simply throwing the words, “I love you” out there from time to time isn’t enough. The good news is that those actions can be as simple as the hug the husband described above to gave to his wife – even if it was far, far overdue.
The bottom line is that love is not just a feeling, it's a choice and an action, and one that is learned with and reinforced by practice. When a husband never says “I love you” to his wife it chips away at their relationship and leaves them vulnerable to much bigger problems. Wives, this goes for you too.
What part of this can you relate to?
Editor's Note: This post was originally published March 27, 2010. It has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Your words can make a difference in the life of your husband. We have compiled a list of fifty things to say to your husband to make him feel great. Why not try one today?
1. Thanks for doing that. It means a lot to me when you serve me in little ways like that.
2. I am such a different woman because of the way you _____ (love me, gently lead me, make me feel secure, etc.).
3. I know you and I haven’t been seeing eye-to-eye lately. But I want to let you know that I accept you whether I agree with you or not, and I’m committed to working on our relationship so we both feel understood and secure.
4. I don’t have a bit of a headache tonight. Interested?
5. I can’t believe how _____ you are. You are so clearly gifted in that area.
6. I’m seeing lately that you may not feel very _____, but I hope you know I still respect you deeply.
7. The way you is such a good complement to me. God knew what I needed when He gave me you.
8. I love it when you wear that.
9. You are my best friend.
10. I am more in love with you than ever.
11. I want to go out with you. Are you free on _____ night?
12. No matter how royally you mess up, I’ll always be glad you’re mine, I’ll forgive you, and I’ll love your socks off.
13. I got the car washed and serviced today, hoping it would just take a little of the load off of you.
14. I’m sorry. Will you please forgive me for _____?
15. It is so cool to watch the man you’ve become since we’ve been married.
16. I’m proud of you.
17. What would sound great for dinner tonight?
18 I forgive you. And I won’t bring this up again, okay?
19. Got a minute? There’s something I want to show you in the bedroom.
20. You handled that incredibly well.
21. You’re right.
22. Got your favorite snack at the grocery store!
23. Just wanted to let you know I’m praying for you.
24. I trust you.
25. Let’s put the kids to bed early.
26. Go ahead and sleep in tomorrow.
27. I had no idea you could do that! You continue to impress me.
28. What do you think?
29. Can I give you a massage?
30. I love being around you.
31. To the kids: I love your dad so much. He is so _____.
32. I got a babysitter tonight!
33. I think you have so much to offer, and I can see it in the ways you _____.
34. I’m so glad you’re home.
35. Do you feel like I’m understanding you?
36. I saw this at the store, and it made me think of you.
37. I love doing _____ with you.
38. You are one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten. I am so humbled God gave me you.
39. I stayed within the budget this month!
40. You and me this evening: Game on.
41. I got tickets!
42. Mind if I hold your hand?
43. I made your favorite _____.
44. Why don’t you take the night off? I’ve got the kids.
45. You are so well-disciplined in _____.
46. You still take my breath away.
47. I miss you. Have a great time!
48. Our kids are so blessed to have a dad like you. I love the way you _____ them.
49. You make me so happy just by being you.
50. I love you so much.
Maybe you’re a woman who initiates a lot of love for your man, but tenderness is not often reciprocated. Maybe you’re reading this under the burden of a husband who doesn’t serve you or protect you or cherish you. I want to compassionately encourage you: Jesus gave without mutual gain, too—and that puts you in some pretty good company.
Ask God to give you remarkable, gentle grace as you lift up your spouse in prayer, and as you meet everyday struggles against resentment and possibly even injustice. Our God is the God who sees (Genesis 21:15-21).
Copyright © 2013 by FamilyLife. All rights reserved.
For more inspiration, check out 31 Days to a Happy Husband and The 5 Love Languages.
My Husband Stopped Saying I Love You: Husband Won't Say I Love You Anymore. "My husband never says he loves me." Sadly, that's a statement that many.
The best ways to say "I love you" to your spouse are usually in simple, everyday, seemingly unimportant ways. Leo Buscaglia, who wrote and taught about love, said: "Words and deeds that say 'You enrich my life' go on forever."
Winifred M. Reilly put the importance of saying "I love you" well saying "As couples, we express love through our everyday actions -- our gestures of kindness, our generosity, our attention, our touch. We say, 'Drive safely.' 'Take an umbrella.' We kiss each other goodnight. And our spouse hears, 'I love you,' in a way that touches more deeply than words."
Here are some suggestions on how to say “I love you” so that your love for one another goes on forever.
Some of these suggestions on where to leave love notes have been contributed by our readers.
Great Ways to Say "I Love You"
Hints and Tips About Leaving Love Notes -- From our Readers
These hints and tips about leaving love notes for your spouse were contributed by our readers.
Great Ways to Say "I Love You"
How do you show affection to the people you love? Each individual is different, and the different ways we choose to express ourselves are all as valid as any.