Please accept my deepest condolences for your family's loss. nothing can fill the void created by the loss of our dear mother/grandmother.
Death is always a difficult subject to deal with. If someone you know has suffered a loss, then the right thing to do is to offer your condolences. Even if you offer them in person, it is also thoughtful to write them down in a sympathy card as well.
The experience of losing a loved one is devastating and can be a very difficult time for the family. When someone dies, it is important for that person’s friends and family members to feel the comfort and support of those around them.
Whether you are a friend, relative, co-worker, or neighbor, if you know about the loss of a loved one, you should definitely offer up your condolences.
Every death is unique. Sometimes a person as lost a father or mother, other times they have lost a child or a spouse. Or maybe this person is even grieving their beloved pet. Maybe the loved one died from old age or maybe they died from an illness or an accident.
It is hard to know the right words to say to a person who has recently lost someone that they love. Below are sympathy quotes for many different occasions. These words can help you express the sympathy that you have for the person who is grieving such a devastating loss.
1. When you have lost someone that you love, you gain an angel that you know.
2. May you find some peace and comfort during this incredibly difficult time.
3. My heart goes out to you and your family as you go through this terrible loss of such a wonderful person.
4. When you find yourself weeping for what you have lost, remember that you are weeping for someone who blessed you with joy. How lucky we are to have all known such a wonderful person.
5. We never truly lose the people that we love, even to death.
6. When you lose someone that you hold dear in your heart, you gain an angel that you know.
7. The loved are unable to die, for love is immortality.
8. To live in the hearts that are left behind is not to die.
9. As we all mourn the loss of your loved one with you, others are rejoicing and meeting him beyond the veil.
10. Graves are the footprints of angels.
11. Some people leave such an impression on our hearts and we are never the same for it. In this way we are lucky, even as we mourn such a sad loss.
12. When you love someone enough, there is no such thing as goodbye.
13. Flowers can grow out of the darkest moments.
14. Grief is the price that we pay for love.
15. A human life is a story told by God.
16. It is not the length of the life, but the depth of the life.
17. Tears our God’s gift to us, for they heal us as they flow.
18. When we grieve, angels are always near us to whisper that our loved ones are safely in the hands of God.
19. When someone that you love becomes a memory, that memory will then become a treasure.
20. May the memories of your loved one give you strength in the days that lie ahead.
21. Keeping you close in my heart as you mourn the loss of your loved one.
22. Keeping you and your family in our minds and hearts as you go through this difficult time.
23. We are keeping the memory of your loved one in our hearts with love and remembrance.
24. We are wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow.
25. Today and in the days that follow, know that you are not alone as you mourn your loss.
26. Words will not wipe away your tears and hugs may not ease the pain, but hold onto your memories because forever they will remain.
27. While we are all mourning the loss of our loved one, others are rejoicing as they wait to meet them on the other side.
28. Flowers can grow out of dark moments. Our thoughts are with you during this time of loss.
29. Thinking of you and praying that you receive God’s comfort.
30. For some moments in life, there are no words that can ease the loss and pain that you are going through.
31. Praying that the love of God enfolds you during this time of loss.
32. Do not lose hope. When the sun goes down, the stars come out.
33. Your love one can never be replaced and they will always be remembered by us all.
34. May the soul of your loved one rest in peace.
35. The people that we love never truly go away. They walk at our sides each and every day.
36. What is lovely never dies. It passes into another loveliness like sea foam or stardust.
37. Those who are loved will never die, because to be loved is to be immortal.
38. There are never any true goodbyes for the recently departed will always be in our hearts.
39. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
40. God is our refuge and strength.
41. May you take comfort in the knowledge that there is one more angel in heaven.
42. You may have lost a loved one, but heaven gained another angel.
43. It is hard to forget someone who gave us so much to remember.
44. Let the passing of your loved one inspire us and give us courage with each and every day.
45. A family is a circle of love that is not broken by loss. It is made stronger because of the memories.
46. Death leaves a heartache that nobody can heal and love leaves a memory that no one can steal.
47. The loss of a loved one is as great as the love that is left behind.
48. Everyone that we have loved deeply, becomes a party of us forever.
49. Grief may change shape, but it never ends.
50. Our trials, our sorrows, and our losses are what shape us.
51. Life is never easy, nor is it meant to be. It is simply a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow.
52. Sympathy is two hearts that are tugging at one load.
53. The loss of a loved one is like the loss of a limb.
54. Grief cannot be shared. Everyone carries it around alone in themselves in their own way.
55. God did not promise us days without pain and a life without sorrow. But he did promise us a light for the way and strength to carry us through the day.
56. I wish that I could took all of this pain and sorrow from you, but all I can do is offer my shoulder for you to cry on, my ears to listen, and my hand for you to hold.
57. May the love of friends and family soften your sorrow and sadness.
58. May the cherished memories of your loved one bring you moments of peace.
59. May an everlasting peace surround your heart as it grieves the loss of your loved one.
60. Thinking of you and sending love your way during this sad time.
61. Praying that God will touch you with his healing hand as you endure the pain of this loss.
62. Praising what is lost makes the remembrance dear.
63. Because someone that we love is now in heaven, there is a little piece of heaven here with us.
64. Let us remember your loved one with smiles and laughter, for that is how they would want to be remembered.
65. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
66. I am sorry for your loss. I wish I could make everything better.
67. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you through this time of loss.
68. To say that I am sorry for your loss is not enough. But there are no adequate words for me to express my condolences for you during this difficult time. Just know that I am with you and thinking of you as you go through this great loss.
69. I wish that I could do much more for you than offer my sympathy. Please let me know how I can help.
70. I hope that the sun shines brightly enough on you as you go through this time of darkness and loss.
71. Your loved one will always be remembered in our hearts and in our minds as we share fond memories and stories that will bring joy.
72. May your heart heal over time with the help of the memories of your loved one.
73. May the passing of time bring some peace to your heart as you deal with this profound loss.
74. While we cannot begin to know what you are going through right now, we want to be there for you in your time of need as you deal with the loss of your loved one.
75. The loss of your loved one cannot be easy. But at least they are no longer in pain.
76. I am sorry for the loss of your wife. You can take comfort in knowing that you loved her and did everything that you could do to ease her pain and suffering.
77. My condolences as you grieve the loss of your loved one, who fought their illness so bravely. May he now rest in peace and smile down on us from heaven.
78. After a long battle with his health, your loved one is now gone. It is bittersweet, knowing that he is no longer with us, and at the same time knowing that he is no longer suffering. He will be missed dearly by all who knew him and we pray that you find the strength to heal from this loss.
79. Losing a parent is almost like losing yourself. Who are we without our parents? But your parent will live on in you and we know that you already make them proud.
80. A mother loves her child long before birth and her love will still remain in you long after she is gone.
81. Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but they hold their hearts forever.
82. May the soul of your mother rest in peace.
83. The loss of a mother is something that can never be replaced, but the love of a mother is something that can never be lost.
84. Your mother was a true angel on Earth and now she is a real angel in heaven.
85. Heaven gained an angel with your mother, while we lost one.
86. A mother is our first teacher and friend. I am so sorry for your loss.
87. Your father is a man that I always looked up to. I am sorry for your loss.
88. Your father was the perfect example of what it meant to be a good dad. The proof that he did something good comes down to you.
89. Your father cradled you in his arms and carried you in his heart. Now he is with the Lord and away from harm.
90. Your father was always looking after you and trying to keep you safe, even when you got older. And I know that he will still be looking down and protecting you from heaven.
91. A father is our first protector and hero. I can only imagine how hard this loss must be for you. You have my deepest sympathies.
92. As brief as the life of your child was, it was still a precious one full of joy and love. Their memory will live in our hearts forever.
93. Words cannot fill the void when we lose a child. Sending prayers of healing your way.
94. The loss of a child is the hardest thing that a parent can deal with. Please know that we are here to help you through this time of grief.
95. The loss of a child is something that is so incomprehensible to all of us. We all mourn the loss of your little one with you.
96. Losing a child is the most heartbreaking thing for a parent to go through. You are not alone in this.
97. It was such a blessing to know your little one. You have my deepest condolences.
98. Life does not make sense when you lose a child. I pray that you will find a way to see the beauty in things again as your little one smiles down on you from heaven. My deepest condolences for your loss.
99. Your child was an exceptional human being who was deeply loved and admired by all who knew him. But we all know that you, his parents, loved him most of all. We grieve with you during this difficult time.
100. The bond that exists between you and your child is one that could not be broken, nor can it be easily forgotten. We are very sorry for your loss.
101. The loss of someone so young is such a shock to all of us. We send you our deepest sympathies as you mourn the loss of your child.
102. No matter how short his time with us was, your child was put on this Earth for a reason, if not to bring us all joy.
103. Your husband may no longer be standing there with you in person, but his love will always be by your side. We are sorry for your loss.
104. Love never dies. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.
105. If the bond between two people is strong, even death cannot tear them apart. Our deepest condolences as you mourn your husband.
106. Even though he is no longer with us, no one can take away the wonderful memories of your loving husband.
107. During this very difficult time, I pray that God gives you the strength to get you through the loss of your husband.
108. To leave behind a loving wife and loving family is something that can be very difficult for any of us to understand. While his soul has left, his love will remain with you always.
109. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I can only imagine the grief and immense pain that you must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time in your life.
110. Your husband was larger than life and he will be fondly remembered by us all.
111. May the fond memories of your husband stay with you and your children for many years to come. My deepest condolences.
112. The death of your wife has had a profound impact on all of our lives. May she rest in peace and may you and your family find healing during this difficult time.
113. May you find strength in the days ahead as you deal with the loss of your wife.
114. Your wife was one of a kind, truly like nobody else in this world. We will cherish the memories we have of her. Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
115. No one in this world can ever take the place of your beloved wife. We mourn with you as you grapple with her loss.
116. Knowing your wife was a blessing and we are all sorry to hear about her passing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
117. To lose the person who has been right by your side all these years cannot be easy. Know that we grieve the passing of your wife and that you have our condolences.
118. To lose a wife is like to lose your right hand. I am here for you if you need to talk.
119. Your wife was a shining light in this world and she will be missed dearly by everyone who was lucky enough to know her.
120. Your wife was a loving mother and spouse, an amazing friend, and so much more to everyone who knew her. We will all miss her very much.
121. The love that your life bestowed on everyone in her life will live in us always, even long after she is gone.
122. There is no greater companion and no greater friend than a dog. I am sorry for your loss.
123. My condolences for the loss of your loyal, furry friend.
124. Your loved one’s paw prints will forever leave an imprint on our hearts.
125. Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. I am sorry for your loss.
126. I am sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. At least we know that all dogs go to heaven.
127. Your beloved pet brought joy to all of us and I know that I am not alone when I say I will miss him dearly. You have my deepest sympathies for the loss of such a loving and loyal companion.
When you are not sure what to say during such a difficult time, these sympathy quotes can help you to convey the appropriate message to those who are in the process of grieving. Remember that grief presents itself in different ways.
Let the person who is grieving know that you are there if you need them and do not forget to fill your sympathy note or sympathy card with warm words of comfort and condolences.
If you knew the person who passed away, then try to think of the best qualities that you remember about that person. Mentioning the wonderful ways in which you will remember this person might bring some comfort to the person who is grieving.
Do you have any specific memories about the deceased that you would like to include with your condolences? You never know, the grieving family could be grateful to have any good memories of their loved one who has now passed on.
Whether it means hearing your account of a memory that they were not there to share, or you writing out a memory you all shared together from your own perspective, they will appreciate that their loved one will be remembered long after they are gone.
Even long after the loved one has passed away, those who were left behind will fondly remember that you were there for them in their time of sorrow.
Filed Under: QuotesTagged With: mothers
Condolences messages should be sent to the friend who has lost his grandmother. Such grievance messages provide sympathy to the friends grandmother.
Losing a grandmother in the family is a traumatic experience. As elders that lead, their presence, life lessons shared are gone and the family is left with only their memorable experiences. To provide the right type of condolences to the individual, the following sympathy messages for the loss of a grandmother are listed below to help you find the right words to share.
(name) brought so many happy moments in our life and left us with a treasure trove of memories. We will never be able to forget him/her. We are praying for you in this difficult time. May his soul rest in peace.
Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
As hard as it seems, you will get through this difficult time and emerge stronger. We are always around to help you through this trying period.
At this difficult time of life, my prayers and thoughts are with you. My sincere and deepest condolences for you and your family on the demise of your grandmother.
For every life has a purpose to fill, a purpose which us humans can seldom infer. But she was a gift from heaven, whose purpose was to make this world understand what love, friendship, goodness, and humbleness was all about. Goodness belongs to heaven, and I know she is watching us from there, bestowing her beautiful smile upon us. May her soul rest in peace.
I am extremely saddened by the grieved news of the loss of your mother. I hope you have the strength to go on through this rough time. Your mother left to be with God and is always watching down upon you and blessing you from Heaven.
I cannot even begin to imagine what you’re going through and how difficult all this must be for you. Please know that I am always there for you. Whether to talk or cry or even just sit in silence with.
I was shocked to hear the loss of your grandmother. It’s really sad and my heartfelt sympathies are with you.
It’s the little things, the small, everyday occurrences that you’ll remember. The laughs, the stories, the smiles. And even though it seems like you can never recover from your loss, it is these very memories that will help push the pain away and bring back the smiles.
Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing. Save the limit of our sight.
May all the warm and special memories you shared with your grandmother stay with you and bring you comfort through the days ahead.
May beautiful memories sustain you during this time of sorrow, and it makes it easier to bear the pain. I am sorry on the sad demise of your grandmother.
My deepest condolences on the death of your grandmother. In this sorrowful time, may the love of family and friends comfort you.
My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult loss. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you in this trying time.
Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather, openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
Saying goodbye to grandmother forever is one of the hardest things in life. Such moments are very painful. Please know that we are here for you in such a sad time, and you are there in our thoughts and our prayers.
Sending you sincerest sympathies and condolences on the painful demise of your granny. She was a lady of warm presence and beautiful aura. Her thoughts and presence would forever live deep inside our hearts. Just a message to let you know that we are with you during this difficult time.
The best way to remember someone it to do it with a smile on your face. You will not be able to do it soon but at least try and this will make the soul of the one who has gone happy.
The kind and gentle person he was, I’m sure the one who made him, realized how special he was, to be left in the midst of this cruel world. He belongs to a place that is kind, a place that is away from all the hassles of this world. May his spirit experience celestial peace and heavenly bliss.
Through this card, I offer my condolence wishes for the loss of your mother in law. Your mother in law was a great person and is up there in Heaven blessing you with all the strength to overcome the loss.
To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
We know that no words can help ease the pain and loss that you are feeling right now. You are in our every prayer and thought.
When we lose someone we love, it seems that time stands still.
Whom the heart of man shuts out, sometimes the heart of God takes in, and fences them all round about, with silence ‘mid the world’s loud din.
Your granny was an angel. She always spread happiness and joys in other’s life. Her demise fills our heart with sadness; please know that we are with you during these sad moments. Please accept our heartfelt sympathies and condolences.
Your granny would be remembered till eternity! May GOD rest her soul in peace. May the love and the memories that you shared with her comfort you in the finest way. Accept out heartfelt condolences on her loss.
You’re not around, but your memories still remain captured in our hearts. You were like an angel that came and made our lives beautiful, and now that you are in heaven, we know you are doing the same.
The below infographic provides a guide to cremation burials and ceremonials. Traditionally, a viewing of the casket is performed followed by a personal and religious ceremony. A cremation is done and than the remains are presented to the family. Sometimes, non ceremonial cremations are done where no viewing is performed and the remains are just presented. A scattering or urn is done based on the wishes of the deceased.
It's hard to know what to say, except that I'm thinking of you in friendship and in sympathy.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. He was an amazing man and lived a full and He was not only the kind of man people wanted to be, he was the kind of man people would be proud to be.
Life.....so fragile, Loss....so sudden, Heart....so broken,...in the wake of such a loss, we are haunted by things we dont, and may never understand. Yet the solace we seek may not come from answers. So we look for comfort in the belief of love's everlasting connection. May that love lift you and hold you close, and give you peace.
Our deepest sympathies during your time of loss. Please know that we are here for you. With Love,
Please accept my condolences on the loss of your sister. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
We wish to extend our condolences and let you know you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
In loving memory of Aunt Bernice, she will be missed dearly.
I have been thinking about you a lot lately and I want you to know how sincerely sorry I am. I can't begin to understand your loss. Please let me know if there is anything, absolutely anything, I can do.
I am so sorry for you loss. You are such a dear friend and I want you to know that you and your family are thought of and I will hold you in my heart. Be encouraged and know that God holds her in his arms and peace is her covering. God bless you.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this heartbreaking time. There's nothing I can say that will ease your pain but I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. My deepest condolences.
May God bless and keep you and your family in His care now and forever. You are in my Prayers.
I just wanted to let you know my thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family through this heartbreaking time. Nothing I can say will ease your pain but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Love to you and your family
Extending deep and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
I wish I could gather the right words to make your pain less and offer you some comfort. You are always in my thoughts.
With heartfelt sympathy, may you feel our love embrace you during this difficult time.
These are specific messages to write in a sympathy card when it is sent with flowers.
Quotes by famous individuals make excellent messages to write in a sympathy card. Some you can use are:
“In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing.” Robert Ingersoll
"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts.” Charles Dickens
“He kept at true good humour's mark, the social flow of pleasure's tide: He never made a brow look dark, nor caused a tear, but when he died.” Thomas Love Peacock
“With what a deep devotedness of woe I wept thy absence - o'er and o'er again, Thinking of thee, still thee, till thought grew pain, And memory, like a drop that, night and day, Falls cold and ceaseless, wore my heart away!” Thomas Moore
“Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.” Rita Schiano
“Good-night! good-night! as we so oft have said, Beneath this roof at midnight, in the days That are no more, and shall no more return., Thou hast but taken up thy lamp and gone to bed; I stay a little longer, as one stays, To cover up the embers that still burn.”! Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
“It is the will of God and Nature that these mortal bodies be laid aside, when the soul is to enter into real life; 'tis rather an embryo state, a preparation for living; a man is not completely born until he be dead: Why then should we grieve that a new child is born among the immortals?” Benjamin Franklin
“Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” Author Unknown
“Tearless grief bleeds inwardly.” Christian Bovee.
“Grief and sadness knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can and common sufferings are far stronger than common joys.” Alphonse de Lamartine
When using our messages to write in a sympathy card, make sure you choose one that reflects the nature of your relationship with both the bereaved and the deceased. A sincere message timely sent can do wonders to help an individual or family deal with the loss of their loved one.
Makes sure you avoid these common spelling mistakes if substituting your own words for any in our examples of messages to write in a sympathy card:
Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of your (grandmother).
The loss of a grandmother is one of the saddest moments of a person. Not only the grandmother is someone one looks up to but also is the senior person in the family. The condolence wishes for the person is sent through text messages or through cards. One can also create a condolence video clip for the person and send it through a DVD.
Some of the sample condolence messages for loss of grandmother are given below.
1). My condolences for the loss of your Grandmother. May your grandma’s soul rest in peace. We will pray for you and your family.
2). I want to express my deepest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your grandmother. May God rest her soul in peace.
3). I am so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. She will always be remembered. In this difficult time, I am by your side.
4). It is a sad day to hear about the death of your grandmother. May God give you the strength to bear this pain. She will be in our thoughts and prayers.
5). Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the demise of your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
this morning with sadness for you all of the passing of your beloved mother and grandmother. Deepest sympathy from all of us on the loss of your mother.