Saying goodbye to a friend who's leaving isn't an easy thing to do, since you are filled with emotions that must be processed before you utter.
When your friends are leaving your life, you feel like something really important is taken away from you. People can hardly avoid separations, but we should try to find the strength to overcome all the difficulties and put all possible efforts to preserve the friendship. Unfortunately, sometimes we just don’t know how to say goodbye to a friend. There are no words able to express how much they mean to us. However, there is a chance that these sad but inspiring quotes about friends leaving will help you to express love to your bestie.
Life is complicated, and circumstances are sometimes cruel. But even if they separate you with your friend, you must always remember that distance can never ruin true friendship. Remind your bestie that you will be always there for him by sending one of these heartfelt and meaningful farewell quotes.
Do you remember the song from the Road to El Dorado? Elton John sings that friends never say goodbye, and he is totally right. Even though you think that it will be hard to live without your bestie, you two will remain in touch and preserve your sincere, tender friendship.
Unfortunately, we all know how it feels when the closest person leaves. Rest assured, he or she feels the same way. Warm and sincere quotes about departing friends can make your separation less painful. So just use one of the sayings above, personalize them and send to your friend to encourage him at this difficult time.
What can be more touching than verses? These shot leaving texts are incredibly heartfelt, so your bestie will understand that you will truly miss him or her. If you want to write your own verse, just check out these ones, maybe they’ll inspire you and give you some cool ideas. Remember, we never should leave our old friends behind.
Probably, a letter is the best way to express what you feel deep in your soul. During the face to face conversation, you can forget something, but sitting alone and writing down the letter allows you not to miss anything and tell your friend that you very much appreciate his or her presence in your life.
Remember, separation is not the end. You always have a chance to meet your bestie again if you both want this more than everything. But when he is moving away, you should encourage your friend by telling that you will always preserve love to him in your heart.
Sometimes it’s hard to find the send off words that will express your feelings. Parting is never easy, but both you and your friend will cope with it and preserve your strong connection. Just tell him or her that you will go together across the years, no matter what is the distance.
Saying goodbye is harder than saying hello. But still, even if you have to say this word, you can do it in the most beautiful and touching way. The gorgeous quotes below will show your best friend that even though the pain is severe, you’ll stand all together.
When one of the friends is leaving, he should know that his closest people will always be near no matter what. Even if you are depressed and frustrated about the parting, you have to find the strength to be happy for him and remind your bestie that you’ll always love him.
If you just knew that one of your friends is moving away, check out these gorgeous quotes which will inspire you and remind you that parting is not the end. You two are strong enough to preserve your friendship and always stay the closest people on Earth.
When our friend is moving away, we miss him or her all the time no matter how long has it been since your bestie left you. Don’t keep silence, tell your friend how you will feel – it will show that you really appreciate his or her support, love, and presence in your life.
If you want to send your bestie something really beautiful and touching, just take a look at these cool bye bye cards. Feel free to share these images on Twitter or Facebook – it will be pleasant to your friend to know how strong your feelings and commitment to him or her are.
Saying Goodbye To a Friend1.5 (29.38%) 130 vote[s]
Click for a touching, heartfelt farewell letter from someone leaving town having you guys as friends in the same town has turned all our first impressions and.
Saying goodbye is a struggle for a lot of people especially when someone you care about is leaving unexpectedly. A change of job, new schools, college, marriage or other life changes could make people leave.
It’s not easy to say goodbye but you eventually need to let them know how you feel. It’s more painful when your friends leave and you can’t stop regretting all the things you could have said to them. Maybe you are just tongue-tied and the words won’t come, we have the perfect solution.
#1: Leaving is sometimes tearful, sad and heart-wrenching even but I smile because I know you are forever mine and distance would never change that. Good bye.
#2: We have been together for so long that I never thought about how difficult it would be to say goodbye, still you must. So farewell.
#3: It would have been better if goodbyes could be killed, I would have murdered this one I have to send with you because it breaks my heart so much like a stab wound.
#4: I’m not sure I am brave enough to wave you off, to say goodbye, to wish you well and look away knowing you could quite easily forget me. Still I must, so bye for now.
#5: I hate to see you leave, it’s not like I could keep you around forever, growth and change are mostly inevitable so I would rather wish you Godspeed. Good bye.
#6: I want to bump in you down the road someday, I want to remember how it feels to jump on your neck elated by your presence, so I will let you go till we cross paths again my friend. Good bye.
#7: Some people are temporal parts of your life so when they leave, you feel nothing but some others make your heart bleed because they have plunged too deep. Saying goodbye is too much pain.
#8: You’ve been such a great time of my life, I almost didn’t notice we were getting older and changing times have finally pulled us apart. I loved every moment so good bye with kisses and much love.
#9: That feeling of emptiness, like you have been robbed of something precious, we all want to avoid it yet it comes after that last wave, when we say goodbye. Hope we meet again soon.
#10: As you say goodbye to the history, the moments, the treasures shared, you must realize that the door again opens for new people who would come around and create even more beautiful memories with you.
#11: Don’t be afraid to let people know how you feel about them, waiting for the goodbyes would leave you wondering what could have been so make the best of now.
#12: You could be there by the tarmac, faking a smile, pretending to be happy that they are chasing their dreams but deep down you know it breaks you to see them go.
#13: The lives we’ve touched, the ones we have changed, they would be the ones giving us a hand on our next stage in life, they would bid us farewell with prayers in their hearts.
#14: We hold on tight because we care, we also say goodbye because we care. It’s the same reason achieving different purposes altogether.
#15: Goodbyes remind us to take every moment like they could be the last, we are reminded of the finite nature of our beings and thus we cherish the times we share like they are infinite.
#16: Memories of our first meeting up till the moment where we say goodbye, they are the summation of the history we have created and they are worth every tear shed when we part ways.
#1: As you move to a new place and to new friends, I am sure you are only going because you can’t help it, so go make new friends for us, grow the circle. Bye for now.
#2: Goodbyes are expensive, they mean that you have accepted letting go, you are ready to see them make new friends and probably forget you but it also means you are strong enough to see them grow.
#3: Having a lot of friends is a beautiful experience, it means you have so many people working to make you happy. The sad part is that you have to say goodbye a lot of times too.
#4: It always feels like you would never find anyone like your friend now that they are moving, but you know what? Just outside the door they are leaving through is another super fun and exciting human you need to meet.
#5: There’s no forever friend, every friend is for a season then they leave and sometimes you will never fully recognize their significance in your life’s story till you say goodbye.
#6: We start out as strangers, we end up as friends then we become buddies. At this point it becomes almost impossible to let people go because we’ve had history yet we must say goodbye not as strangers but as buddies.
#7: Look out for your friends while you can, be their security, pray for them and stay loyal because they might leave and you won’t have the chance to do that anymore after saying goodbye.
#8: You have been my partner, a friend and you’ve made life a beautiful journey for me so I am sure you will be doing the same for someone where you are going. This is why saying goodbye is not a loss.
#1: Family is so precious that we want to simply keep them around us, but family is also about defying time and space to show that we care so be willing to say goodbye to those you love.
Don’t ever be afraid to let people go but also don’t let them go without telling them all they mean to you. These quotes are quite handy and you can whip one right out at the right moment giving your friends a lasting memory of you. Don’t hesitate, give someone this collection and see them handle goodbyes like champs!
Goodbye Messages for Friends: Looking for the perfect words to say goodbye to a friend? Give your bestie a sweet farewell by writing cute quotes on a greeting card. From touching moments to awesome memories and from funny pranks to happy smiles – bring everything together in a personalized message. You can even write a letter if you think that a small farewell note is not enough to express yourself. Read this post and reflect on your own friendship. You might be sad that your friend is going away but this is the time to look back at all the beautiful memories, rather than grieve about the inevitable. The farewell will be tearful but it will be yet another memory that’ll hold everything together even when you and your friend are thousands of miles apart.
1) Sorry, for all the times I may have unknowingly hurt your feelings and caused you pain. Goodbye my friend, until we meet again.
2) I never knew that saying just one word could make me feel so blue, until I said GOODBYE to a special friend like you.
3) Our friendship is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Talking to you made me smile and meeting you set me free. I can’t believe that fate is taking you away and ripping us apart. I just want to say that I will miss you from the bottom of my heart. Goodbye.
4) Life and destiny can steal my best friend away from me but nothing can take away the precious memories. Goodbye my friend.
5) Today I take a moment to thank Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Jan Koum, Brian Acton, Evan Spiegel, Robert Murphy and Steve Jobs. Without them we wouldn’t have Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Snapchat and FaceTime. How else would I have possibly kept in touch with you? Goodbye.
6) The only reason I am saying goodbye is so that I can get a chance to say hello again.
7) The world will come to an end, as I say goodbye to my friend. But I know I’ll pull through this pain, because I know we’ll meet again. Goodbye.
8) My heart is breaking into pieces as I see you leave. I hope you are happy that you have made me cry. You have no idea how much I am going to miss you. My life will sink into loneliness with this goodbye.
9) Who will tolerate my annoying antics, who will calm me down when I am angry. Who will listen to my daily rants, who will make sure I am always happy. Who will I harass with my banter, who will I hang out with every day. I am sad and totally devastated, as my bestie goes away. Goodbye.
10) Just like how you don’t forget the tune when a song fades out and stops playing, I will never forget the priceless memories of our friendship even though you are going away. Goodbye.
11) I’ll silently stand in the corner and cry, on this fateful day. I refuse to say goodbye because I don’t want to see you go away.
12) While seeing you off I may have a smile on my face, but after you leave I will be in a lonely place. My facade might be cheerful and happy, but deep down inside I will be suffering in agony. Goodbye.
13) Don’t expect me to come to the airport to see you off when you leave. I will be in my room, crying on my loneliness’ eve. Goodbye.
14) How can I say goodbye to a friend who I can’t live without? I will suffer in silence but my heart will scream and shout.
15) When the sun says goodbye to earth, it leaves a beautiful sunset as a gift. When friends say goodbye to each other, they leave mementos of everlasting and priceless memories. Goodbye my friend, I will miss you.
16) Taking you for granted, sometimes I’ve made you do things you didn’t want to. But all I want you to remember is that no one can be my best friend except you. Goodbye.
17) When best friends say goodbye to each other, what they are really saying is ‘Hold that thought, I will be back soon’ So I will hold my thought until you return to hear the rest. Bon voyage.
18) I will force myself to say the word goodbye, but my heart will never mean it. Goodbye.
19) The only reason I am happy saying goodbye is because I know that life will find a way to bring us back together again. Farewell.
20) Our friendship has taken me on a magical journey which will never come to an end. Even though you are going away, we will never stop being friends. Goodbye.
21) Saying goodbye is tough… but still not as painful as desperately hoping that destiny will bring us back together again. Farewell.
22) Our friendship was the oxygen that kept me alive. This goodbye is the vacuum that will suffocate me to death. Farewell.
23) When I say that bidding you farewell is easy, take it as a compliment. Because it shows how blindly I trust you when you say that you will come back soon. Bye, my friend.
24) All the beautiful memories that we have made together as friends will be cherished and fondly remembered. I guess we have a lot to keep ourselves busy with until we meet again. Goodbye my friend.
25) If lovers can be in long distance relationships with each other, why can’t we be in a long distance friendship? Goodbye and cheers.
26) With the wind in our hair and the sun in our eyes, we cherished our friendship as life’s greatest prize. Now that you are going away my life will cease, I will blissfully drown in all the beautiful memories. Goodbye.
27) I thought 160 characters would be too less for a goodbye tweet on Twitter. But the thought of living without my best friend has left me speechless. Goodbye.
28) Our last hug may feel warm but your absence will leave my heart shivering in a cold abyss. Goodbye.
29) Everything in my life was perfect, until it all suddenly came crashing down. I may smile while saying goodbye but your absence will put on my face, a permanent frown. Goodbye.
30) Saying goodbye to a friend like you is like saying goodbye to my own soul – it is just not possible.
31) Dear friend… I don’t want you to leave, I refuse to say goodbye. I will just watch you walk away while my heart silently weeps and cries.
32) Fights, girlfriends, boyfriends, arguments, lies – Nothing has ever come between our strong friendship. So a few hundred miles is not going to make any difference either. We are friends forever. Goodbye.
33) The hundreds of friends on Facebook and Twitter mean nothing to me in any way, if I don’t have real friends like you to meet every day. Goodbye.
34) This goodbye is just a test of our friendship. Let’s promise each other that distance and time won’t come in the way of our beautiful relationship. Goodbye.
35) Since true friends never really say goodbye to each other, please treat this goodbye message as a mere formality and delete is as soon as you have read it.
36) I feel sick, I feel low, I feel depressed and I feel sad – when I think about how I will miss you real bad. I feel miserable, I feel unwell, I feel down and I feel lonely – when I think about how life will be without my bestie. Goodbye.
37) The absence of a friend is going to make me feel lonely and frustrated. There is nothing good about goodbye… it makes me feel lonely and suffocated.
38) I would have never said hello to you many years ago, if I knew that saying goodbye would be so traumatic. Bye buddy, I will miss you.
39) It is easy to become friends, difficult to remain friends and hardest to say goodbye to a friend. Sorry, but I cannot do the hardest part. xoxo
40) Even though you are going away you will still be a core part of my everyday life. First I used to hang out with you all the time, and now I will miss you all the time. Goodbye.
Sample Farewell Letters to Coworkers - 12+ Documents in Word, PDF We know that farewell letters cannot be easy to write. Farewell Letter To Friends.
It can be difficult to lose a colleague and friend. Letting them know how much you appreciated their hard work and dedication over the years will surely have them leave with a smile on their face.
“Before leaving I would like to take this opportunity to thank you because you made my work life easier and efficient. You are a good boss ever! Thank you.”
“Bosses like you are one in a million. Thank you for all you have done to me. You certainly become a part of my life. I will miss you and I will take all your words with me. I know that you are also happy with what I have chosen in life. Farewell my boss.”
“Dear colleagues, I have been working here for long and have gained loads of experience with you all. Thank you for all the cooperation that you extended to me.”
“Dear colleagues, time has come to part away from you. I had a lovely time working with you all. Thank you so much for your support guys! I am really going to miss you!”
“Dear friends, we sudied together all these years and spent our feelings and emotions in this institution. Today, we separate to different parts of the world. Though physically we depart, we are together in hearts. Thank you friends.”
“From the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you for a good friend like you. I hope you will achieve all your dreams as you go. Keep in mind that you can count on me. I will miss you so much.”
“I take this opportunity of sending you a thank you note to express my grateful regards to you, my friends and colleagues. I really enjoyed working with you all! And I am really going to miss our coffee breaks together.”
“I will surely miss everything about you. Your presence, your laugh and your love. Take care of yourself and I can’t wait for you to come back. Take care my friend and goodbye.”
“I’m sad to leave but I have to face my new endeavours. You have been so good to me and I would like you to know that I thank you for everything. I will miss you and I will take all your professional advices with me. Thank you my boss.”
“It’s hard for us to see you go. We ask ourselves why you have to go and leave our office. But if this is the destiny, then we have to face it then. I would like you to know that we are so blessed having boss like you. Thank you for everything. We will miss you boss.”
“It’s sad to hear you saying goodbye. But everything happens for a purpose. I’m just looking forward for your success and hope to see you again.”
“Not just a friend, but you are a brother/sister to me. All those memories and funny moments we had will always stay fresh in my mind. Keep in touch my dear. Though we are far from each other, we are near with these memories. Thank you and goodbye.”
“Saying goodbye in every relationship is the hardest part. I don’t’ want to think that our friendship is about to end. I’m still a friend of yours and you were always my best friend.”
“Saying goodbye is not easy to do especially to a special friend like you. I’m looking forward to see you again. I will miss you! Thank you for being a good friend to me.”
“Seeing you go is not easy for me. It not only bring tears in my eyes but also in my heart. I wish you all the best. I’m your best-friend so I’m giving you all my understanding in your decision to leave. God bless and remember that I’m always here for you. Goodbye my dear friend.”
“Thank you all for your valuable friendship and cooperation that helped me greatly to work together. Thank you guys and keep in touch!”
“Thank you boss for all you have done. You are such a great boss for me! You have been a good friend to me. Thank you and goodbye.”
“Thank you for being so excited about my new career path. Hearing you say the words,”I’m so excited for you!” really makes me even more excited for the journey I’m about to embark on so thank you for that.”
“Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with your team. It was a great journey! Truly, it is so hard to bid farewell but I hope we can remain in touch. Thank you very much boss.”
“Thank you friends and colleagues for all your support, guidance and cooperation. I am really going to miss you guys.”
“Thank you friends for your great company here. Today is the last day of my service. Though I retire from my service today, your memories will always be with me.”
“There is a saying that good things should come to an end. And today, before we end up everything, we would like to appreciate you as a good boss. You are so professional and it means a lot to us. Thank you boss and we will miss you all the time.”
“Today is my last day working with you and I would like to say thank you for everything we had since day one. Thank you for the trainings, advices and tips; it really help me a lot to become a better person and grow professionally. Your guidance and mentoring was truly helpful. Thank you so much Sr. /Mam.”
“True friends never say goodbye. So today before you go, I would like to say “see you soon”. Have fun in your new life. Always remember that I’m just a phone call away.”
“With a grateful heart I share the feelings with you on this last day of my work today. Thank you friends for helping me to become a more experienced chap!”
“With grateful regards I thank you all, my dear colleagues, for the great opportunity that I got to share my services with you. I wish you all the best and thank you for your cherished friendship.”
“Working with you for several years is such a blessing. You are the boss who inspired me a lot in so many ways. I have learned the real essence of working and hardship. I will miss you and I will pray for you. Thank you my boss for everything.”
“You are such a precious friend. I think it would be hard to adjust living a life without your presence. Thank you for the love, care and support as a friend. I will surely miss you.”
Here is a great video showing one example of how you can thank your employees and colleagues for doing a great job. Communicating your value and appreciation for hard work is just one way to build morale and relationships between employees.
It's not easy to say goodbye but you eventually need to let them know how you feel. It's more painful when your friends leave and you can't stop.