Share these goodbye messages for boyfriend, quotes and emotional is not my choice but I don't have any other option – just like how loving me was a choice.
When we say goodbye to someone it is often just a polite end to an encounter but, on the other hand, it is sometimes something deeper – containing emotions or feelings that go beyond that formal leave-taking. Lovers part, often without any words at all, their emotions revealed in their breathing, their tears, etc. but sometimes those emotions are expressed in words. When we look at leavetaking and goodbye quotes written by Shakespeare, we see words people use to express that filled with meaning – more so than any collection of goodbyes produced by any other writer.
One could begin with a speech in The Tempest made by Prospero as he leaves the magical island he has inhabited for fifteen years to return to his life in politics. The play was written just before Shakespeare left London, giving up his life as a professional theatre writer to live permanently at his family home in Stratford, relaxing with his family, seeing friends and enjoying country pursuits. Scholars have often suggested that this was Shakespeare saying goodbye to his work of creating fantasies (plays) for the theatre. Prospero gathers the inhabitants of the island around him and tells them that he is giving up the creative, imaginative, magical things he has done for a long time and retiring to a more everyday life in the real world:
‘Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves,
And ye that on the sands with printless foot
Do chase the ebbing Neptune and do fly him
When he comes back; you demi-puppets that
By moonshine do the green sour ringlets make,
Whereof the ewe not bites, and you whose pastime
Is to make midnight mushrooms, that rejoice
To hear the solemn curfew; by whose aid,
Weak masters though ye be, I have bedimm’d
The noontide sun, call’d forth the mutinous winds,
And ‘twixt the green sea and the azured vault
Set roaring war: to the dread rattling thunder
Have I given fire and rifted Jove’s stout oak
With his own bolt; the strong-based promontory
Have I made shake and by the spurs pluck’d up
The pine and cedar: graves at my command
Have waked their sleepers, oped, and let ’em forth
By my so potent art. But this rough magic
I here abjure, and, when I have required
Some heavenly music, which even now I do,
To work mine end upon their senses that
This airy charm is for, I’ll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
I’ll drown my book.’
A different kind of farewell is in Hamlet where the garrulous Polonius, bidding his son Laertes farewell as he leaves for university, piles on fatherly advice:
‘Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportioned thought his act.
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch’d, unfledged comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,
Bear’t that the opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man’s censure, but reserve thy judgment.
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express’d in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,
And they in France of the best rank and station
Are of a most select and generous chief in that.
Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine ownself be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell: my blessing season this in thee!’
Perhaps the most famous goodbye quote is from Romeo and Juliet, the morning after Romeo and Juliet have spent their first night together and Romeo has to leave quickly for fear of being caught in her bedroom. Juliet says goodbye to him:
‘Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.’
The sorrow of parting is sweet because after it she will thrill to the thought of their next meeting.
Also very well known is Ophelia’s poignant farewell in Hamlet – her last words before committing suicide:
‘Good night, ladies. Good night, sweet ladies. Good night, good night.
Antony and Cleopatra
The Merchant of Venice
All’s Well that Ends Well.
The Merchant of Venice
Henry V1 Part 1
As You Like It
That’s the end of our list of Shakespeare goodbye quotes. Know of any more? If so, please add them to the comments section below!
I was too young to really understand what was going on but one of my favorite pieces of animation now is that Goodbye Blue Sky in The Wall because that deals.
Are you looking for goodbye quotes to share on your social media, read aloud to yourself or someone else? You probably are going through a rough phase and need some words to help you heal or you simply need to find a subtle way to say goodbye to someone you care about, then you are at the right place as we have listed hundreds of goodbye quotes you can select from.
The quotes consist of short and longer versions but together they carry strong messages on leaving someone. Some of the quotes are from notable writers, poets, musicians, artists, politicians, and authors.
Indeed saying goodbye is a sad emotion and it usually comes with a heavy heart that’s why we have taken the initiative to compile a long list of goodbye quotes for those who are grieving with a heavy heart, either because they are scared of letting go or simply need goodbye messages to share with others.
Browse through the list below as we are certain you will find a handful of quotes you like.
1. Goodbye is the saddest word I ever heard, goodbye is the last time I will hold you near. – Celine Dion
2. Hellos are simple but goodbyes are complicated.
3. I find it difficult to say goodbye to you even when it seems like I am not welcomed.
4. It is time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I will rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure. – Ernie Harwell
5. When we adopt a dog or a pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a very good reason. They bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude. – Bruce Cameron
6. Goodbye doesn’t mean the end. It only means that I will return or see you some other time. Take the sky, for example, the sun tells the sky goodbye when it gets dark only to return the next day once it is bright. – Frank Alile
7. You and I will meet again, when we least expect it, one day in a far-off place. I will recognize your face, I will not say goodbye my friend, for you and I will meet again. – Tom Petty
8. It is not easy to say goodbye to someone you don’t want to leave. – Frank Alile
9. I will prefer we stay together through the rain, under the sun. In summer and in winter than to say goodbye. For every moment with you gives me a feeling of being alive.
10. The story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye. – Jimi Hendrix
11. If you have nothing to say just shake my hand and say goodbye.
12. I prefer to hear you say see you soon that to hear you say goodbye. – Frank Alile
13. I am ready to say goodbye to you but I am not ready to hear you say it.
14. Goodbye..? Oh no, please. Can’t, we go back to page one and do it all over again?. – Winnie the Pooh
15. Sometime you to find the good in goodbye.
16. Don’t cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
17. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. – Winnie the Pooh
18. Goodbye is the hardest thing to say to someone who means the world to you, especially when goodbye is not what you want.
19. I have had a happy life and thank the lord. Goodbye and may God bless you all. – Christopher McCandless
20. A man never knows when to say goodbye, a woman never knows when to say it. – Helen Rowland
21. Everyone can have their heart broken. Even if you know the relationship is not working. It is still sad. Even in a bad relationship, they are a part of your life for a long time, and saying goodbye to that can be difficult. – James Marsden
22. Don’t hesitate to say goodbye if it’s necessary for meeting again and again.
23. Saying goodbye to you is like saying goodbye to happiness in my life.
24. It hurts to say goodbye to someone who brings nothing but joy and happiness in your life.
25. Even if we cannot be together until the end, I am glad and grateful that you played a vital role in my life and I thank you for this.
26. The worst feeling is when you have to say goodbye to someone you wish to spend every minute with.
27. History never really says goodbye. History only says see you later. – Eduardo Galeano
28. We may not know what each day has in store for us. We could be gone tomorrow. Any minute could be our goodbye. But we do have this moment. This time. Today. Right now. It takes way more effort to shell out hate than it does to allow love to flow freely in our lives. After all, it is what we were born to do. – Grace Gealey
29. Don’t let the goodbyes hurt you instead think about the moments we spent together. – Frank Alile
30. You cannot live a life of only hellos, you must get used to goodbyes as well because one thing is constant in life and that’s change and you must learn to live with it. – Frank Alile
31. It hurts me to say goodbye to you, my love, I will take solace in the fact that tomorrow is another day and until then I will hold on to thoughts of you to keep my heart warm. – Stella Nwagbogwu
32. If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. – Paulo Coehlo
33. Thanks for the memories, I still hold on to them even after our goodbyes.
34. We often say goodbye to the person we love without wanting to do so. Although that doesn’t mean that we have stopped loving them or we have stopped to care. Sometimes goodbye is a painful way to say I love you.
35. We have said our goodbyes and gone our separate way but still, things haven’t changed, I still think about you every day, I hear your name mentioned in the crowd and I turn around to see if it’s you only for me to find out its someone else. I sometimes hear my phone ring and wish it’s you on the phone calling, calling to say you missed me.
36. A woman is mostly scared of saying hello if she is the shy type or she has experienced too many hellos end u in goodbyes.
37. Saying goodbye is a painful way of solving a problem.
38. Goodbye always makes my throat hurt. – Charlie Brown
39. At some point in your life, you realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.
40. Don’t hesitate to say goodbye to everything that is holding you back.
41. When we say goodbye with smiles on our face it is a sign that we know we will meet again but when goodbye come with tears it is a sign that we are uncertain that we will ever get to meet again.
42. Most times it’s not the goodbye that hurts it is the memories that fill our minds that releases the sea of emotions that follows.
43. I miss you once I hear the word goodbye from your lips.
44. Anyone with a heart, a family, has experienced loss. No one escapes unscathed. Every story of separation is different, but I think we all understand the basic, wretching emotion that comes from saying goodbye, not knowing if we will see that person again, or perhaps knowing that we will not. – Luanne Rice
45. The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said or explained.
46. There are a few things more painful than saying goodbye to someone or something you love. The idea of separation always gives us a sense of emptiness and desolation.
47. We fear goodbyes and barely know how to move on in a healthy way. Like the end of a story, goodbye asks us to forget the past and embrace the future, but this is easier said than done.
48. Every parting is a form of death as every reunion is a type of heaven.
49. Instead of focusing on goodbyes let us focus on the beautiful memories we shared and all the moments we cannot erase from our minds. In the beauty of the past lies the joy of the future.
50. These endings don’t always have to be forever, sometimes, after a painful goodbye, you can rejoice the next time you say hello.
51. The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. Maybe they always have been and will be. Maybe we have lived a thousand lives before this one and in each of them we have found each other. And maybe each time, we have been forced apart for the same reasons. That means that this goodbye is both a goodbye to the past ten thousand years and a prelude to what will come. – Nicholas Sparks
52. You have changed me forever and I will never forget you. – Kiera Cass
53. Today, I close the door to my past. Open the door to the future, take a deep breath and step on through to start the next chapter of my life.
54. It feels right. But it is emotional. Saying goodbye to anything you have done that long is hard. – Angela Ruggiero
55. I have to say goodbye to things in order to take on bigger things that I have always wanted to do. – Mahershala Ali
56. And the relationships that happen become so intense, deep, involved and complex and really hard to say goodbye to. The hardest part of the show is saying goodbye when it is all done. It really breaks you. – Genevieve Gorder
57. When I go to a party, nobody says hello. But when I leave, everyone says goodbye. – George Gobel
58. It is hard to say goodbye to the streets. It is all how you do it. You can pass by and say ‘what’s happening?’ and keep it moving, but it is a certain element that will never be able to roll with you once you get to this level, because that is the separation of it all. – Snoop Dogg
59. Goodbye doesn’t mean the end, it does not say forever. It just means that we will soon meet again.
60. When I see you again I will say hello but for now, I leave with a warm goodbye.
61. It is hard to say how certain stories just punch us in the heart and the brain at the same time at the end. I suppose that is what we are all looking for. But each story has its own valence, its own way of saying goodbye to you. – T.C Boyle
62. Good friends never say goodbye they simply say “see you soon”.
63. Do well to enjoy the beauty of a sunset and enjoys nature goodbye kiss for the night.
64. Friendship is not always about who you have known the longest or who happens to care about you the best, it is about who came and never left.
65. My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you wish it to be. That your dreams stay big and your worries stay small. You never need to carry more than you can hold. And while you are out there getting to your destination. I hope you know someone loves you and wants the same things you want for yourself. This is my wish.
66. Love your parents and treat them with loving care, for you will only know their true worth when you get to see their empty chair.
67. Sometimes you have to give up on people, not because you do not care for them but because they do not care for themselves.
68. Someday you will get to see the reason why there is a good in goodbye.
69. I want to be your favorite hello and your most difficult goodbye.
70. Thank you for listening, thank you for aiding me. And now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, I bid you goodbye and take my leave. – Frank Deford
71. It is always difficult to say goodbye, especially when one has spent a long time – literally years,, in this case of a series – inside a character or two, suffering and celebrating with them. – Lilith Saintcrow
72. As you say goodbye to lingering disappointments and unattended grief, you will discover that every person, situation and painful incident comes bearing gifts. – Debbie Ford
73. Could we see when and where we are to meet again, we would be more tender when we bid our friends goodbye. – Ouida
74. I have played the drums for so long, I cannot imagine saying goodbye to it. – Miguel Ferrer
75. When I say goodbye, promise me you will not cry, because the day I will be saying goodbye will be the day I die.
76. A memory last forever, never does it die, true friends stick together and never say goodbye.
77. Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair. – William Cowper
78. A goodbye is not painful unless you are never going to say hello again.
79. Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave. – William Shakespear
80. Being strong sometimes means being able to let go.
81. Do not be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. – Richard Bach
82. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. – Khalil Gibran
83. My breaking heart and I agree, that you and I could never be, so with my best … My very best, I set you free. – Rachel Yamagata
84. When I am brave enough to say goodbye I will use the wings you gave me and away I will fly. – Celia McMahon
85. Before you leave me again, tell me so I can let you know if I am ready to watch you go. – Donna M. Zadunajsky
86. We started here together and now we are leaving the same way, the funny thing is you never appreciate what you had yesterday until it is gone today.
87. When I had to say goodbye to you my love, it was like saying goodbye to my own life.
88. Nothing lasts forever. Forever is a lie. All we have is what’s in between hello and goodbye.
89. It is time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I would much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure. – Ernie Harwell
90. Say goodbye to all your troubles and worries today so you can say welcome to joy and life tomorrow. – Myke Blaze
91. When we said our hello it was a joyful mind, I could see the happiness in your eyes and the smile on your face now it is time for us to say goodbye and the atmosphere has become moody.
92. On the day I will say goodbye to this world I will like to be laid close to home and I mean not the place of my birth but the people who made living on earth a joyful experience.
93. We can’t stop saying goodbye each time we meet, I look forward to the day when we will not have to say goodbye, the day when you and I will be together forever till our dying days.
94. I will not give up on you because we have said our goodbyes, you can be sure that I will come running when you scream my name.
95. Before going I want you to know that I wish you to have the life that you want.
96. I can’t wait for the time when we will meet again, you are always in my thoughts.
97. We all wish you a successful path with our heart-warming goodbye.
98. Now I have to say goodbye, but it is very hard for me to do, so I would like to say nice to meet you. Nice to meet you again!
99. It is the emptiest and yet the fullest of all human messages: Good-bye. – Kurt Vonnegut
100. I did not think saying goodbye would be so hard. And with everything that is to come, we will face it together. To whatever end. – Sarah J.Maas
101. By and by we shall say goodbye. – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
102. We started here together and now we are leaving the same way. The funny thing is you never appreciate what you had yesterday until it is gone today.
103. Even if you know that they are going to say goodbye you never really are prepared for what follows.
104. The power to say goodbye to failure and say welcome to success is in your hands.
105. I was so emotional. Choked up. I could hardly talk all day. I will be cleaning out my trailer and saying goodbye soon, realizing what a wonderful experience this has been. – Dennis Franz
106. The idea of forever is kind of ridiculous, which is unfortunate because it is kind of a nice thing to say, you know. I think it softens the blow of mortality and having to say goodbye to everything you know and everyone you love and all that kind of thing. – Conor Oberst
107. I believe that the freedom of speech should be protected, but so should a family’s right to privacy as they grieve their loss. There are a time and a place for vigorous debate on the war on terror, but during a family’s last goodbye is not it. – Dave Reichert
108. There is almost nothing more painful for a leader than seeing good people leave a growing organization, whether it is a priest watching a Sunday school teacher walk out the door or a CEO saying goodbye to a co-founder. – Patrick Lencioni
109. The retirement timing is always a tricky thing for a dancer. I think it is different for everyone. How you say goodbye to the thing you have really focused on that much is a tough one. I have always intended to leave in good shape, to exit on a high note. – Damian Woetzel
110. Goodbye brings a lot of hatred to whomever you say it to, this hurts, you feel, this must not repeat itself again.
111. Yesterday was the beginning, today is the present and tomorrow the future, we have said our hellos and hugged each other and are now friends, I hope we get to stay for long and not be in a hurry to say goodbye.
112. And all at once, you look across a crowded room, and you see old friends of yours and then suddenly you feel like you are seeing them for the first time, and that is when you discover that you will not be the same again.
113. They are no goodbye to you and me, wherever you go I will go and wherever you are, that is where I will be, for you will always be in my heart.
114. Goodbyes are meant for those who love with their eyes because for those who love with all of their heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
115. If it was possible I will gather all the people I like in the world and we will live together under one roof. But I guess that will not work, someone will still leave. Someone has to always leave, that’s why we always have to say goodbye. To the people we love, but still, I hate goodbyes.
116. This is not goodbye. It is only the moment when we have to shut the door to the past to open the door to the future.
117. I have become more comfortable as time has gone on with saying goodbye because. I have been having so many conversations about the cyclical nature of life. It just keeps going. – Brie Larson
118. If you want to destroy the planet, you can kiss social justice goodbye. The earth comes first. – Douglas Tompkins
119. Civilization has given us enormous successes: going to the moon, technology. But then this is the civilization that took us into debt, environmental crisis, every single crisis. We need civilization where we say goodbye to these things. – Muhammad Yunus
120. I used to get quite upset that I would make friends with a guy or a girl and then within the space of three years we would move and go and live somewhere else, and you would have to say goodbye to that person. – Dominic Monaghan
Filed Under: Quotes
Saying goodbye can be tough when you don’t know if you are ever going to meet again. Only memories are left behind after a painful farewell from your beloved person.
Below we have the best handpicked truest good-bye quotes, Farewell Messages, and messages that explain the true meaning of saying goodbye.
“It’s really amazing when two strangers become the best of friends, but it’s really sad when the best of friends become two strangers.”
“Don’t cry because you are leaving, smile because you were there.”
“I can’t remember all the times I told myself to hold on to these moments as they pass.” » Counting Crows
“The hardest part of loving someone is saying goodbye.”
“Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.” » George Eliot wishesmessages.com
“Every ending has a new beginning.”
“I feel very lucky to know someone who is so hard for me to say goodbye.”
“A farewell is necessary before we can meet again, and meeting again after moments or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends.” » Richard Bach
“Memories may be beautiful and yet what’s too painful to remember we simply choose to forget. So it’s the laughter we’ll remember when we remember the way we were.”
“The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.”
“Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before we can meet again and meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.”
“We laughed until we had to cry, we loved right down to our last goodbye, we were the best.” » St. Elmo’s Fire
“When I look back now, that summer seemed to last forever, and if I had the choice, I’d always want to be there, those were the best days of my life.” » Bryan Adams
“A good-bye is never painful unless you’re never going to say hello again.”
“How do you keep the past behind when it keeps finding ways to get to your heart? It reaches way down deep and tears you inside out till you’re torn apart.” » Rent
“I cannot say goodbye to those whom I have grown to love, for the memories we have made will last a lifetime, and will never know a goodbye.”
50 Missing Quotes – I Miss You Messages
“One day at a time, this is enough. Don’t look back and grieve over the past for it is gone. Do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.”
“Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” » Henry David Thoreau
“Goodbye doesn’t mean forever. If it did, we ought to be saying ‘BadBye’.”
“Where is the good in goodbye?” » Meredith Willson
“The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.” » Ivy Baker Priest
“Remember everything’ she said ‘when only memory remains.'”
“I feel like I don’t need to say goodbye, I just have this feeling like I’ll see you again.”
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” » Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan
“This is the time to remember because it will not last forever; these are the days to hold on to because we won’t although we’ll want to.” » Billy Joel
“I’ve learned that goodbyes will always hurt, pictures will never replace being there, thanks is a feeble word, memories forget the hard times, words can never replace feelings, and heroes often go unsung.”
“It doesn’t matter if you have five friends or five thousand friends. When it all comes down to it, popularity means nothing. All that matters is that you know those five will be there holding your hand, as the five-thousand walk by.”
“There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
“Can miles truly separate you from friends. If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” » Richard Bach
“They all said “Hello” and felt awkward and unhappy suddenly because it was sort of goodbye they were saying, and they didn’t want to think about it. So they stood around and waited for someone else to speak, and they nudged each other, and said: “Go on”.
“Why can’t we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn’t work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.” » Charles M. Schulz
“Never say goodbye because on one sunny day we will meet again.”
“Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.” » Garrison Keillor
“A memory lasts forever, never will it die… true friends stay together and never say goodbye…”
“There is an end to all things no matter how much we want to hold on to them.”
“If you cry when we part we’ll never see each other again, but if we do not cry we’ll remember forever the days of sunlight and laughter, and be brought together in our memories.”
“I’d always thought we’d be friends forever. Well, forever just got a lot shorter than I expected.”
“We’ve shared our happiness and we’ve shared our fears. We’ve shared so many things throughout the years. And when the times were hard we were by each other’s side. You were there to make me laugh when I cried.” » Missy Ulbrich
“Even if we never talk again after tonight, please know that I am forever changed because of who you are and what you mean to me.” » Chasing Amy
37 Hurt Quotes & Sayings – Broken Heart
“I hate when things are over because so much is left undone.” » Deep Blue Something
“We are neither on good terms or bad. We are no longer anything.”
“Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
“So, old friends, now it’s time to start growing up, taking charge, seeing things as they are, facing facts, not escaping them, still with dreams, just reshaping them, growing up.” » Stephen Sondheim
“All good things must come to an end, but I wouldn’t have wanted it to end any other way or with any other people.”
“Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that’s how I’ll remember you. If you can only remember me in sadness and tears, then don’t remember me at all.” » Little House on the Prairie
“I’d always thought we’d be friends forever. Well, forever just got a lot shorter than I expected.”
“And all at once, you look across a crowded room, you see an old pal of yours, but suddenly you feel like you’re seeing him for the first time, and that’s when you realize that you will never be the same again.”
“To the world, you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”
“You might be ready to say goodbye to us, but we’re not ready to say goodbye to you.”
“And we’re back together again, and I’m never gonna lose you as a friend.” » Indigo Girls
“It’s funny. No matter how hard you try, you can’t close your heart forever. And the minute you open it up, you never know what’s going to come in. But when it does, you’ve just got to go for it, cause if you don’t, there’s no point in being here.” » Kirstie Alley
“Odd how much it hurts when a friend moves away and leaves behind only silence.”
“Moving on is simple. It is what we leave behind that is hard.”
“Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you until we meet again.”
“Not to understand a treasure’s worth till time has stolen away the slighted good, is the cause of half the poverty we feel, and makes the world the wilderness it is.” » William Cowper
“Somehow I know we’ll meet again. Not sure quite where and I don’t know just when. You’re in my heart, so until then it’s time for saying goodbye.” » Muppets
“I know we’ll be friends for life, sharing our dreams together. As we walk down the road, we’ll never think twice, these memories are made forever. And though we’re off to different worlds, somehow we’re together…because deep within our heart…these memories are made forever.” » Mystic Pizza
“I’d always thought we’d be friends forever. Well, forever just got a lot shorter than I expected.”
“Painful though parting is, I bow to you as I see you off to distant clouds.” » Emperor Saga
“Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We’ll take the best, forget the rest, and someday will find that these are the best of times.” » Styx
“Tell me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I would never leave.”
“Man’s feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.” » Jean Paul Richter
“Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.” » Richard Bach
“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” » Semisonic
“Sometimes in life, there is not enough time to say all the things we need to say, and when it is all over all we can say is goodbye.”
“No one knows the exact moment when a friendship is formed, but it is this silent forgotten moment that causes the pain when we must say goodbye.”
“The reason it hurts so much to separate isthat our souls are connected.” » Nicholas Sparks
“We have known each other our whole lives and now we will go our separate ways. Some will remember and some will forget each other, but we will always have a part of each other inside us.”
“It’s okay to need each other. That’s what makes us strong. That’s what makes us human.”
“Goodbye may seem forever. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and there you will always be.”
“Never let a memory become stronger than a dream.”
“True friends don’t say goodbye, they just take extended leaves of absences from each other.”
“You know a friend is found when you are happy to see them. You know love is found when it hurts to leave them.”
“And Pooh gave Christopher Robin the biggest Pooh hug he could because he knew that goodbyes were not Far Away.” » A.A. Milne
“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” » Flavia Weedn
“No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” » Robert Southey
“And so I close now, realizing that the ending has not yet been written.”
“We started here together and now we’re leaving the same way. The funny thing is you never appreciate what you had yesterday until it is gone today.”
“This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” » Winston Churchill
“Never say goodbye because you will never know when you are going to lose them.”
“There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” » Mahatma Gandhi
65 Beautiful Quotes about Relationship
“Goodbyes breed a sort of distaste for whomever you say goodbye to; this hurts, you feel, this must not happen again.”
“It’s not the days in life we remember, rather the moments.” » Walt Disney
“I have never found any ‘good’ in goodbye.”
“Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye?”
“A friend is someone who reaches out for your hand and touches your heart.”
“So sweetly she bade me adieu, I thought that she bade me return.” » William Shenstone
“Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, though somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.”
“Every goodbye brings a new hello.”
“I always knew that when I looked back on the times I cried I would smile. But I never knew that when I looked back on the times I smiled I would cry.”
“Don’t ever tell anyone anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” » J.D. Salinger
“It was the end of something simple and the beginning of everything else.”
“You and I will meet again, When we’re least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won’t say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again.” »Tom Petty
“As I saw the morning star come up over the mountains, I realized that life is simply a collection of memories. But memories are like starlight – they live on forever.”
“Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair.” » William Cowper
“Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you Until we meet again!”
“Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again.” » William Shakespeare
“We only part to meet again.” » John Gay
You touched my heart you touched my soul you changed my life and all my goals . And love is blind and that I knew when my heart was blinded by you.
“He came up and kissed me on my forehead, and before he stepped away, I closed my eyes and tried hard to memorize this moment. I wanted to remember him exactly as he was right then, how his arms looked brown against his white shirt, the way his hair was cut a little too short in the front. Even the bruise, there because of me.
Then he was gone.
Just for that moment, the thought that I might never see him again… it felt worse than death. I wanted to
run after him. Tell him anything, everything. Just don’t go. Please just never go. Please just always be near me, so I can at least see you.
Because it felt final. I always believed that we would find our way back to each other every time. That no matter what, we would be connected—by our history, by this house. But this time, this last time, it felt final. Like I would never see him again, or that when I did, it would be different, there would be a mountain between us.
I knew it in my bones. That this time was it. I had finally made my choice, and so had he. He let me go. I was relieved, which I expected. What I didn’t expect was to feel so much grief.
Bye bye, Birdie.”
― Jenny Han, We'll Always Have Summer
Here we have listed top quotes about farewell and goodbye. I will recognize your face, I will not say goodbye my friend, for you and I will meet Although that doesn't mean that we have stopped loving them or we have.