Thank you for your support when my mother I appreciate the sympathy card, note, and flowers you sent.
A funeral thank you note is best expressed in a hand written message. Do not write more than four cards or letters at a time to ensure your handwriting maintains neat. The optimal time to send a bereavement thank you card is 2-4 weeks after the services or date that a gift was received. During a time of grieving, it may be easier to have a family member or friend send out your thank you cards. One or two sentences is really all that is necessary to offer your gratitude and appreciation. Be sure to be specific as to what it is you are thanking them for. The following sample bereavement thank you card messages can help to inspire your own personal response.
Allow me to express my most heartfelt appreciation for the fantastic food you’ve prepared for us. When in need, you were there to help and are truly a great friend and neighbor.
How truly grateful we are to have wonderful friends like you. Your love and support for our family has been very much appreciated during this time of loss.
I can hardly express how grateful I am for your attendance at (name) funeral. It was so good of you to take the time to be with me and my family.
It is difficult to find words to express how thankful we are for your expression of love to our family during his truly difficult time. We are grateful for the friendship that we share. Warm regards.
It is hard to put into words the thanks we would like to give for all the help, thoughtfulness and sympathy you have given us during this difficult time. We are very grateful for your support and friendship.
It was very nice of you to think of me in this time of sadness. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
Just a quick note to show our appreciation for the beautiful flowers you’ve sent. We are grateful for your thoughtfulness while we are going through this difficult time.
My family and I would like to thank you for your support and generous donation to (name) fund. You were a great friend to her over the years and I know she loved you very much.
Our family wishes to convey our sincerest appreciation for your prayers and supporting during (name) passing. We are blessed to have friends like you and are thankful for all you have done.
Sending you our sincere gratitude for the flowers you sent. It truly served as a special reminder of your friendship with (name).
Thank you for extending so much love and support to our family. We greatly appreciated the warm thoughts expressed in your sympathy card, as well as the lovely plant. Your kindness meant a great deal to us.
Thank you for your heartfelt condolence. Your words are not only a comfort, but a source of strength for my family and me in this difficult time.
Thank you for your thoughtful and kind card of condolence. It was a comfort to the entire family.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness in helping me with the food and guests at the services. I am so grateful for your helping hand in my time of need. Thanks again.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Your generosity and support during this difficult time is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your touching letter. I really enjoyed hearing from you. The story you shared about (name) made me smile.
Thank you so much for all the support you have offered to my family and me during this difficult time. I know it couldn’t have been easy and I really appreciate your friendship.
Thank you so much for attending my (name) funeral and for the beautiful arrangement you sent. Our family really appreciates your support.
Thank you very much for attending (name) funeral service. Being his friend meant a lot to him, we know this because he often spoke of you. During this difficult time, your kindness has meant a lot to our family.
The family would like to take this opportunity to express our sincerest appreciation for the thoughtfulness presented to us and love we have been given during our time of bereavement.
The service you performed offered inspiration and comfort to all who were present. We thank you greatly for your help and support during this difficult time.
There comes a time in life that your friends support is extremely necessary. This was one of those times and you were there for me every second. Thank you my friend.
This is a very difficult time for all of us. We are saddened by the passing of (name). Your presence helped to lighten our burden. I was grateful to enjoy your company and hear your lovely memories.
We greatly appreciate your very generous donation in (name) honor. We thank you so much for your kindness.
We really appreciate your acts of kindness and helping hands for our family during (name) funeral service. It was a comfort to us to know these details were in your hands.
We wish to express sour sincere appreciation for all your love and supporting during our time of loss. Thank you all for the acts of kindness shown to our family.
We wish to express our sincere appreciation for your words of comfort during (name) memorial service. We are encouraged and blessed to know that he/she will be in the company of our Lord.
We would like to give our thanks for speaking at (name) memorial service. Thank you for spending the time to share your wonderful memories with his friends and family. The words you spoke were very comforting to all who attended.
We would like to give our thanks for the beautiful photos and flowers. We greatly appreciate your kindness, support, and generosity in this difficult time.
We would like to offer our thanks for the wonderful service you performed for us. Your sympathetic words were very soothing and comforted and brought hope to all who were present. We truly appreciate your services.
You said you would always be there for our family and you were. Thank you for that. I love you.
Your card was beautiful. Thank you for being there for me.
Your sympathy card was so sweet and very much appreciated. You are such a thoughtful friend. Thank you for being there for me at a time when I needed it most. I will always remember your kindness.
Bereavement thank you notes are also appropriate for close friends that have rallied behind you and.
When you undergone a betrayal or death in the family, people naturally want to send you their condolences. At the time, you probably do not think much about them. As time passes, you realize that you need to send a thank you for your condolences note. Thinking of what to say in this situation is not easy, so we have some quotes and ideas to help you along the way.
When someone cares for you, they will send a text, call or mail a card to show that they are thinking of you. In response, you can show your appreciation through these thank you for your condolences quotes and notes. You can use these messages as they are written, or you can modify them so that they are perfectly written for your exact situation.
1. Right now, I would like to take an opportunity to thank everyone for your thoughts, prayers and condolences. My siblings and family have been touched by the messages we have received since the passing of our mother. Thank you for your prayers and God bless you.
2. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your affection and love. Honestly, thank you could never sufficiently show my gratitude. If I could, I would carve out a message with the ink of my heart to write a letter of gratitude and love for everything that you have done. Thank you, my love, for everything that you do and everything that you are.
3. I graciously accept all of the condolences and support offered by the community recently. I loved my friend greatly, and I pray that this support will help her loving family get through this difficult time. She was completely loyal as my best friend and a wonderful sister. She was always a cherished, active part of her family, and she will be greatly missed. I pray that the kind gestures I have read today will not be lost. Instead, I hope her memory and thoughts of her will be shared with everyone. Your sympathy and support have helped to fill some of the emptiness in my heart from losing such a friend. Thank you, everyone, for honoring her memory in so many lovely ways.
4. I wanted to take a moment to than everyone who has texted me or sent Facebook messages following the loss of my good friend. I met him back in 19__. We traveled all over together and had amazing memories of adventures and mishaps along the way. Despite the distance at times, we kept updated about all of the changes in each other’s lives. Life sometimes got in the way, but our friendship was always there whenever we needed support, acceptance or love. We will always remembers his laugh, his curiosity, his compassion and his love. I will miss calling him every week and hearing his voice. Even now, it feels like I could just call his home and hear his laughing voice as he picks up the phone. Thank you so much for your messages of concern and condolence. I will miss my friend so much, and I appreciate everyone who has tried to help me bear this loss. Rest in peace, dear friend.
5. Thank you for your condolences about my aunt. This is a difficult time as heaven gains another angel in its ranks. Please continue to pray for my uncle and cousins as they work through this difficult time.
6. To my close friends, loved ones and family members who knew my brother-in-law: he passed away yesterday with his loving family close at hand. The funeral will be held at ____ in ____. Thank you so much for your condolences and kind thoughts at this time. He is now in a better place and returned to God.
7. I would like to thank everyone for their condolences and kind words. I just returned from visiting my family, and everyone is doing about as well as you could expect right now. If you do anything for us, we would like to ask you to cherish your family. If they are nearby, visit them today. If you can’t visit, call them. Life is short, and the sand in that hourglass eventually runs out. If you are arguing with a loved one, put aside your differences and make up. Family is everything, and we realize too late how little time we have on this earth with our loved ones.
8. Thank you, dear sister, for all of those moments of happiness with you. I loved you more with each adventure and happy moment together. I will always love you. Rest in peace.
9. Thank you everyone for sending me such kind texts and messages. Even through the grief, your messages have brought me a wave of joy and happiness. I wanted to let you know the pleasure your words have given me. They show just how much my mother was loved and will be missed. Thank you for your kind gestures and love.
10. For the last day, I have been writing thank you cards because of the massive outpouring of sympathy from our family, friends and loved ones. It is depressing to see how terrible my handwriting is from never being loved. All of these handwritten cards have touched my heart, and I have realized that I am too quick to send just a Facebook text. The meals that people brought over were greatly appreciated, and they made me realize that someone was there to support us through such a difficult time. I have seen many faces of kind friends that have been away too long. These little gestures have warmed my heart and made this time easier. Thank you, everyone, for your expressions of sympathy and condolences.
11. I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all of the friends, family members and colleagues who have sent messages of kindness, condolence and sympathy. Your support and thoughts have made this difficult time a little easier. Thank you for remembering my dear father in your prayers and for reaching out to my family as we struggle to cope with our loss.
12. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and condolences. This has been a difficult month for as after the passing of my father. The outpouring of your support has made a difference. Thank you again, and love to everyone.
13. Today, we lost my aunt after a difficult battle. This is a hard time for my family, and we are thankful for your condolences and understanding. Thank you for your prayers and condolences. We appreciate everything that you have done to make today a little easier to bear.
14. Thank you for your prayers and condolences. My family is immensely grateful for your kind prayers and messages. Please pray for us as we try to heal and move forward in life. Thank you for the sympathy you have shown during our time of loss.
15. I would like to thank everyone who was at my brother’s funeral. As you may imagine, this is a difficult time for us. No one expected to lose my brother so young, and it has been a shock to suddenly face this tragedy. My family and I are thankful for everything that you have done. God bless you.
16. I have received so many notes with condolences and prayers after our loss. It is never easy to get over such an event, but these messages have helped us gradually accept our loss. Rather than answer each message individually, I just wanted to post this on Facebook so that everyone could know that their kind words, messages and condolences were greatly appreciated. Thank you.
17. I wanted to thank you from the depths of my hearty for your little gestures of love. These are the real gifts in this difficult time. Your kindness, generosity and thoughtfulness have been a light through the darkness. Thank you with all my heart.
18. I wanted to take a minute to show my gratitude for everyone who sent messages of condolence and sympathy to me and my family. In this time of grief, your messages have alleviated our pain, although no message can truly cope with such a loss. My brother would have been amazed and humbled by all of these messages about him. I don’t think he realized what an impact he had on everyone around him, and it has been amazing to see such an outpouring of compassion. I may never live up to my brother’s memory, but his example will always lead me toward being a better person. He never backed down from anything and fiercely protected his family. He showed us how to stick together, work hard and be honorable. Those qualities will always stay with me. Thank you, everyone, for your love and support.
19. From the bottom of my heart, I wanted to show my gratitude for everyone who called, texted or wrote us letters of condolence. Your prayers have made this difficult time a little easier. While it may be months or years before we will truly accept our loss, your messages have brought us some peace. It has numbed some of our pain and grief after losing our dear brother. He may not be here anymore, but at least he is in a better place now. I hope his soul finds the peace that it so desperately sought.
20. Your prayers and condolences have meant a lot to me. Thank you so much for being so kind. Spending time with family and friends has brightened this dark time. Thank you so much for supporting all of us in our time of grief.
21. Our hearts are filled with extreme humility after seeing such an outpouring of support. It would be impossible to appreciate our amazing family and friends too much. Your outpouring of condolences, prayers and comfort have meant so much during our recent experience of grief. We wanted to thank each one of your from the bottom of our hearts for your thoughts, prayers and kindnesses. You have made it so much easier to struggle through this difficult time.
22. To all of my family and friends: thank you for your kind prayers, flowers, condolences and cards. This has been a challenging time for me. Your blessings and prayers have made this difficult time a little easier to bear. I hope that I have enough strength to match your kindness and warmth. As many of you know, he was my life and will be missed by everyone who met him.
23. Our family would like to thank all of our loved ones and friends who have sent letters, cards, texts, phone messages and flowers after the death of my father. It was a comfort to know that so many people loved him and appreciated his presence. We knew how special he was to us, but we never realized just how much he touched the lives of so many other people. Your support has made it possible to cope with this tragedy. Your condolence messages have meant more than we could ever put into words.
24. Good morning, everyone. I wanted to take a moment to thank my Facebook family and friends for your kind thoughts, condolences and prayers. By taking a moment to write a short message, you have made this difficult time a little easier to bear. I appreciate all these messages and am grateful for all of your support.
25. I would like to thank everyone for your condolences. Your kind words have been a comfort to me, and his family has found solace in them as well. Thank you, everyone.
26. I would like to thank everyone for your kind words, condolences, sympathy cards and prayers. Thanks are especially needed for those of you who joined me and my family at the chapel as we mourned the loss of my mother. She was a kind, caring person who was loved by everyone. I was unbelievably lucky to have her as my mother, which makes it even harder to get over losing her. She has been such a large part of my life and my family’s lives. She loved everyone and was fiercely protective of her family. Once again, thank you everyone for your support during this difficult time.
27. This is one of the most surreal, strange moments in my life. I never thought that I would have to thank others for their condolences. Somehow, I just imagined my father would always be there. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people around me right now. Thank you to my family and friends for your support, well wishes and condolences. Your support has made getting through the last three days much easier than it would have been otherwise.
28. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who was involved some way in this difficult time. My family has faced such grief and tragedy, but your condolence messages have helped so much. We have no way of repaying your kindnesses right now, but it has made such a difference for us. Thank you, thank you with all of my heart.
29. Today was the day when the last moment finally arrived. While we expected our loss, it did not make it any easier to bear. My mother was surrounded by love and compassion in her final moments. Your condolences and kindness have been greatly appreciated. I am sorry for not responding to everyone, but the last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster. When the first pains of our grief have passed, I will make sure to get back to everyone who has been so kind to us during this time. Thank you, again.
30. I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who offered their heartfelt sympathies and kind condolences. After the loss of my father, these messages have been greatly appreciated.
31. To my colleagues, family, friends and even strangers, thank you. I cannot express my appreciation for all of the sympathy and kindnesses you have extended toward me and my family. I am so thankful for your love and support after our loss.
32. Rest in peace, love. Thank you for loving me for who I am and for transforming my life into a fairy tale. You have made my life worth living and brought so much happiness into my life. To all of my family and friends who have sent condolences, thank you so much. My heart is gladdened to see the impact my husband made on everyone around him. He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew him.
33. Many friends, relatives and colleagues sent condolence messages. My family and I would like to thank you. Your words of consolation have made this loss a little easier to bear. Thank you.
34. To my family and friends: thank you for your kind messages after the passing of my brother-in-law. Many of you have asked when his service will be held. We will remember his life at ____ on ____. Please join us at the funeral to celebrate his life and support his beloved wife and children.
35. This morning, my heart overflowed with gratitude as I saw all of the prayers, condolences and messages in my inbox. While it has been hard to deal with my grandmother’s passing, your kind words have been so humbling and comforting. Thank you so much!
After a funeral, you may want to send out thank-you notes for flowers, food, donations, fruit baskets, to your coworkers, the funeral director, pallbearers, the organist or other musicians.
Funeral thank you notes can be difficult to write. Please know that you have my sympathy if you are in this situation. The sample wordings in this post are here to help you figure out what to say.
For more general help with funerals, check out the Funeral Resources site.
Use the links in the table of contents below, to quickly jump to at section.
Examples to thank the funeral pastor are in the pastor appreciation post here.
When you are ready, the templates and samples below can help you get started with your notes.
Should I write a thank-you note to those that came to the funeral but did not give a gift or donation?
No. It’s not necessary to thank those that were at the service or calling hours but did not give flowers or any other type of gift. However, If you want to, you can send a bereavement thank you note.
Should I send a thank-you note for every sympathy card?
Dear [Person's Name]
Thank you for your support when my mother passed away. Your comforting words meant meant a lot to me. The card and your note were touching.
I appreciate the sympathy card, note, and flowers you sent when [person's name] passed away. You've always been a thoughtful person and I'm glad that you are in my life. I am grateful for your support during this difficult time.
Thank you for the beautiful card and sharing your story of when your sister passed away. Losing my sister has been very hard and your words provided comfort. Thanks for being there for me!
Thank you for going to the funeral home with me to help make arrangements for my mom. She was very special to me and I am glad you were able to go with me. It's all felt overwhelming. Your support helped me get through the planning details. The service turned out very well because of your help.
You are such a strong, loving person. Thank you for helping me when my dad died. I am glad you came over to make sure I was actually eating the food that was being dropped off by others. I am grateful for your support.
Thank you for being my best friend and being there once again when I needed help. The funeral went as well as a funeral could go and I was thankful to have you by my side. And, I appreciate the cards and phone calls checking on me.
Prices/Images/Reviews pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on the respective Amazon site that you are redirected to at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
7 Examples for money or donation
Dear [person’s name],
Thank you for making a donation to Hospice in memory of [name of deceased]. We were grateful for the support of Hospice near the end of her life. Also, thank you for coming to the funeral. [Name of deceased] shared many stories about you with the family in recent weeks.
[Your name or family of [deceased]
Dear [person’s name],
We appreciate your donation to the Humane Society made in honor of Uncle Joe. Joe was a dog lover his whole life, and he would be happy knowing that more dogs will be helped.
[Your name or family of [deceased]
Thank you for the money at the time of Betty's passing. Your contribution was given to the American Heart Association as Betty was a long time supporter of their research. Also, thank you for attending her funeral.
The monetary donation you made at John's funeral is appreciated. The family used it to help cover the funeral expenses. We are grateful that John had such a wonderful boss in you. He spoke highly of you often.
Thank you for your generous gift given at the calling hours for [person's name]. I am grateful for the monetary support as his passing was unexpected. Your donation was used towards the expenses.
We are grateful for your monetary support during this time. The money you donated was used to cover dinner and snack food for the family during the calling hours at the funeral home. The entire family thanks you!
Thank you for the donation you made in Betty's honor in lieu of flowers. Betty was passionate about [organization name or cause]. Betty talked often of you and how wonderful of a friend you were to her.
There are examples below for funeral flower thank-you notes. The generic thank you for the flowers templates are here.
Dear [person’s name],
The flowers for Betty’s funeral were beautiful. The arrangement of purple carnations and white lilies was stunning, and Betty would have loved them. Thank you for your kindness and remembering the family.
[Your name or family of [deceased]
Dear [person’s name],
We appreciated the roses at my grandma’s funeral. Roses were her favorite. Roses will always remind me of grandma.
Thank you for the beautiful flower arrangement sent to the funeral home for my sister’s funeral. She loved tulips and I loved that you choose my favorite color for them. I will plant them outside soon. Each year, when they bloom, will be a pleasant reminder of you and my sister.
I am grateful to have you as a friend. The flowers remembering my grandpa are lovely. Thank you for caring about me and my family.
The family appreciated the flowers for Aunt [Aunt’s Name]. The arrangement was amazing and my aunt would have loved them. Thank you for showing your support and sympathy through the flowers.
Sending flowers to the church for my grandma’s funeral was thoughtful. The flowers helped the church to look beautiful during the service. Also, thank you for coming to the visitation.
Many flowers were sent to the funeral home for my dad. I liked your flowers the most! And I appreciate that you choose flowers that are not poisonous to my cats. I will enjoy them at home this week and not have to worry about my cats dying if they decide to eat them.
Thank you note cards available on Amazon are below (affiliate links)
click image to purchase on Amazon
This could be for food brought to the funeral home for calling hours, or the after the funeral meal or food brought to your home before/after the funeral.
Dear [Person’s Name],
Thank you for organizing the food for the calling hours. The church has been a real blessing to us during this difficult time. The family loved the chicken wings and side dishes.
The Jones family
Dear [Person’s Name],
I was feeling overwhelmed when [Name of deceased] passed away. The casseroles you brought over were great! I lived on them for a couple of weeks and may not have eaten otherwise. Thanks for being there for me.
Dear [Name of church or church contact],
The meal after the funeral at the church was wonderful. Thank you for hosting the family and providing all the food. Food is such a comfort in times like this. We were able to share many memories of [Name of deceased] during the meal.
The Jones family
Thank you for arranging the pizza for my family during the weekend of my mother’s passing. With so many family members visiting from out of state, the pizza was a blessing. We were all happy to be able to eat together at home without figuring out what to eat. Also, thank you for coming to the funeral.
My family is thankful for the meals provided when my husband passed away. This has been a very difficult time for us. The children were glad to have some of their favorite comfort foods on hand. Your support has been a bright spot for all of us.
The casseroles you provided for the meal after the funeral were great. The enchilada and lasagna casseroles were big hits. Thank you for providing this comfort food.
Click image to view card on Amazon
6 Thank you note after funeral to coworkers
Note: If you are thanking a group of coworkers at the same time, you may send them all one email.
Thank you for sending flowers to the funeral home. The arrangement was beautiful, and I felt touched that the team remembered me during this difficult. I will see you all when I return to work after settling Mom’s affairs.
Dear [coworker’s name]
Thank you for coming to my dad’s funeral. His passing was very hard and unexpected. Your support was appreciated.
I have the best coworkers! Thank you for the flowers sent to the church for my grandma’s funeral. They helped me to know that you were thinking of me while I was out of the office. I also appreciate all the work that was covered for me while I was out.
I am thankful to have you as a coworker. Your presence at the visitation was appreciated. I am grateful that we have become not only co-workers but friends.
You are a very thoughtful person. Thank you for coming to the visitation and funeral for my mom. As you know, her passing was very hard on me. I appreciate all of your support.
Thank you all for coming to the funeral last week. I am thankful that I was able to be away without worrying about my job and if my work would get covered. We have the best team!
Thank you note cards available on Amazon are below (affiliate link).
Click the image to purchase on Amazon.
Notes and tips:
Funeral directors are usually very helpful when the time comes to make arrangements for a loved one. I commend you for wanting to thank your funeral director during this difficult time. Below you will find example thank-you notes to help you get started.
When my mother-in-law died unexpectedly we relied on the funeral director. He helped us with death certificates, cremation process, transportation of the deceased, and filing the obituary with the local newspaper. This is a small list of what funeral directors can do. Read more about funeral directors here.
Another idea for wording examples is to browse funeral home websites that share thank-you notes as testimonials. If you look at the site for the funeral home you use, just be sure that you do not exactly copy someone’s note and then give it to them. It’s possible that they would recognize it as being from their own website!
If you worked with several people, it’s fine to address the note to the staff of the funeral home.
Dear staff of [funeral home name],
Thank you for helping us through the process from beginning to end. We were not prepared for mom’s death. We appreciate all the support from the entire staff. Having food delivered during the long day of calling hours was a fantastic idea. The family was thankful to be able to step away for a bite to eat while taking a break.
The [your last name] family
Dear [Name of funeral director],
Thank you for ensuring all the details of my Aunt [aunt’s name] funeral went smoothly. When she asked me to be her representative upon her passing I was not sure what all that would entail. I was glad for your help with the obituary and obtaining the death certificates.
I want to thank you for all the time you spent with my family. Explaining each step helped us make decisions and feel in control of a very hard situation. Thank you for arranging for [name of deceased] to be taken to the church. Having the funeral at the church she attended for over 50 years was important to the family. Your suggestion to make a DVD with photos worked out very well as family and friends enjoyed viewing it during the calling hours.
Thank you for everything you and your staff did for [deceased name’s] funeral. The room was the perfect size for the funeral and the organist did a great job playing the hymns. Everything went as well as possible given the situation. I appreciate that you were able to organize the pall bearers as that part was too stressful for me to deal with at the time.
We appreciate the kindness of all of the staff during the calling hours and funeral for my grandma. She was a special lady and I am thankful that everything went smoothly. The family appreciated the snacks that were on hand for the calling hours too.
We felt blessed to have you as our funeral director. Thank you for everything you did to make sure that everything went smoothly. We will recommend you to other families when they need a funeral director.
Thank you for being an awesome funeral director! I wasn't aware of how much happened behind the scenes until my dad passed. Your knowledge and expertise helped make the process feel not so overwhelming.
Click image to view cards on Amazon
Thank you for serving as a pallbearer at Paul's funeral. He requested to have you a pallbearer many years ago. I appreciate you serving in this way.
Grandma will be missed. We are grateful that you were able to serve as a pallbearer. Grandma told us how much she enjoyed your visits over the years.
Thank you for being a last minute pallbearer at Jane's funeral. Her youngest son is doing better now, but the grief was too much for him at the funeral. We are glad that you were able to stand in and help out in this way.
Greg enjoyed spending time with you. A few days before he passed, he asked us to ask you to be a pallbearer when the time came. Thank you for honoring his request.
Thank you for coming to Mr. Smith's funeral. We are glad that you were willing to be a pallbearer. Mr. Smith would have appreciated it too. We are thankful you were there with us to help celebrate life.
Thank you for playing the organ at my mom's funeral. She would have enjoyed the hymns you selected. The music played before the funeral felt peaceful. We appreciate you serving in this way.
You are a wonderful organist. The family was grateful that the funeral home has you on staff for funerals. Aunt Jane loved organ music her whole life and we are glad the funeral home had an organ to help fulfill her final wishes.
Attending Scott's funeral was heartbreaking. Hearing the beautiful music coming from the piano was calming. Thank you for being there and playing the requested music.
Your performance of Amazing Grace was wonderful. I understand why Grandma asked you to sing a solo! Your ability to make it through without crying was impressive. I know how much you loved her and will miss her.
Thank you for coordinating all of the music for Jane's funeral. We felt very overwhelmed. Your experience was appreciated by all. And, thank you for singing the two solo pieces that Jane asked for.
I hope these notes have been helpful. Again, I’m sorry to hear that you need to write this type of thank-you note.
You may also like:
Flower thank-you note templates
Find samples of Bereavement Thank You Notes and Sympathy Thank You Letters here. You're sure to gain a host of Thank You Note Examples and Tips on this.
This page is filled with heartfelt funeral and bereavement thank you note wording for a loss in the family. These thoughtful funeral and bereavement thank you note examples are here to provide you with help during this very difficult time. Use these lovely thank you words and phrases when writing out thank you cards to all of the important people in your life who stood with you and beside you during these times of sorrow. Sometimes when your mind is filled with so many thoughts it can be hard to process everything that needs to get done. Things can feel so overwhelming. To help make the process easier when creating a list of those to send thank you cards to, reach out to a close family member or friend and ask for their assistance in remembering everyone who needs to be thanked. Your short list should include the pastor who led the funeral service, the singers and/or musicians who provided beautiful music, the helpers at the funeral reception, and those who sent food, flowers and gifts. Include those loving friends who helped make important phone calls for you or offered their help and/or services.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you). It keeps this site up and allows me to deliver beautiful content.
Some things to consider when writing a bereavement thank you: *A personal letter or note vs a preprinted card *What to write *A mix of preprinted cards and.