Writing a goodbye email to co-workers when you quit your job is the polite and Know that I'm always wishing the best to you and the [department] team!.
Your colleague is about to go and you want to wish them luck? It is always a good idea to big goodbye to colleagues along with blessings so that they go with a smile on their face and take good memories in their heart.
Colleagues hold a special place in one’s life. They work with you, see you grow and see your struggles. They help you in low and party with you in high-on-life times. Colleagues are the professional friends who are there with you all through your professional life phases. Therefore, it is really important that you big them goodbye by sending our cheerful messages. Because, inside somewhere, even the one who is going is sad to leave and go to a new place.
You can also give them a souvenir which will always remind your colleagues of good times he or she had spent with you.
Below are some of the best goodbye messages for colleagues! Check them out:
Wishing you much joy,
love and happiness
as you embark upon your new career path. Goodbye!
You may leave this place
but your legacy remains as is.
Good luck for future endeavours.
Farewell to you,
although my eyes may not weep and cry
but my heart is crying out loud
to let you go far from us.
Be as you are. Goodbye.
As you decided to move to a better land,
you leave an empty void in our hearts
and this place which shall remember your great personality.
All the best.
You have a long way to go
as the world out there welcomes you
with open arms to take you to newer heights.
Working with you has been a blast
and always cheerful.
Never a dull moment. Goodbye.
Its only a departing handshake.
Although you will be dearly missed
and hope to see you again.
Farewell my friend.
Don’t be sad because you are leaving.
Instead be happy as you take back memories
with you to cherish forever.
All the best.
Its time to say goodbye to the most happening person on the team area
and I’m sure the team will miss you as much as they liked you.
Cheers to our bonding till now. Goodbye.
A big episode of your professional life has ended
and a new one awaits you with warmth and happiness.
You were great during coffee-breaks
and lunch breaks as well.
We will surely miss you.
You embarked on all professional endeavours
with full valor and motivation.
Now is the time to rejoice
and prepare for your next endeavour as you leave us.
You’ve been great.
Working with you was a pleasure.
A great learning experience too.
Good luck and godspeed.
We only part at work but in life
we remain as good friends as we are today.
Happy Life ahead.
You may not be here now
but your attitude and commitment towards work will surely be missed.
We wish this farewell is temporary
and we shall meet soon again.
We wish you great authorship of your new book i.e. your new job.
Write a good one again like this here.
Now that you leave,
I’ll have to actually work for the time
we liked to waste here.
Go where no one has gone
and do what others haven’t done.
You may end up being a better person always.
Accept my best and sincere wishes
as you start a new phase of your career.
To say goodbye to you is so hard
which means I am going to lose
something very important in my life.
Farewell friend and Godspeed.
With you even the late night works seemed so cheering.
You were always our energizer.
Good luck and best wishes for your new phase of life.
I wish each and every one of you
the best of my wishes in all of your future endeavours.
Its difficult to see you go from this office.
In your absence this office is going to be subdued.
Farewell & Goodbye
I am lucky to have worked with you.
I admit I have learnt a lot from you all.
Cheer to our time here.
Keep in touch.
I’ll miss the times we spent here together.
Your employment here
may finish but your presence here will never diminish.
We never had Monday morning blues
because of fun colleagues like you. Goodbye.
Your cabin will remain empty
until another boss arrives
but your place in our hearts will always remain void.
With you gone I’ll have to deal with everyone here
and I shall remember all the pranks we did together with the team.
Thanks for being the friend, mentor,
leader, motivator, colleague like never been before.
You will be surely missed.
With you leaving you leave your cheerful memories with us
and the moments we shared together in our careers. Goodbye.
Hope you liked these heartfelt goodbye messages for colleagues. Feel free to send them to you colleague who is leaving the place and going away. You can use traditional means to send this messages like greeting cards, letters or you can send it on phone using whatsapp, or on web using social media.
Stay connected with us for more!
Here are some tips in writing a farewell message: Make it personal. A replacement for has not been. To: [email protected] Subject: Writing to bid good- bye.
Let’s admit it: saying goodbye is undoubtedly hard, and it’s not that easy as many people think. Yes, saying goodbye can be quite tough, particularly when you don’t have an idea if you’re going to see each other again. Well, a goodbye can also be good sometimes.
Although goodbyes are definitely a painful way to solve a problem, it isn’t the best choice, especially if you really love that person. But why are goodbyes painful? There’ll be nothing left, but memories that both of you have collected since day one.
While it takes big courage to say goodbye to the people you really adore, keep in mind that a goodbye isn’t always painful. Goodbyes will only hurt you if both of you decide not to keep in touch with each other again.
Saying goodbye is never easy — that’s for certain. So, to make it easier for you to make goodbyes a little easier, here we’ll give you some Saying Goodbye Quotes that will enable you to move on in life quickly.
1. “The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye…until we meet again” ― Jimi Hendrix
2. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” — Rumi
3. “Goodbye without reasons is the most painful one. Love without reasons is the most beautiful one..” — Anonymous
4. “It’s hard to say goodbye for good at any time or any place. It’s harder still to say it through a meshed wire.” ― Cornell Woolrich
5. “We laughed until we had to cry, we loved right down to our last goodbye, we were the best.” — St. Elmo’s Fire
6. “History never really says goodbye. History says, ‘See you later.'” — Eduardo Galeano
7. “Where is the good in goodbye?” — Meredith Wilson
8. “We have already said more goodbyes than are necessary. Those were goodbyes that brought about the end of partings. We taught each other that no parting is possible.” ― Donna Goddard
9.”You’re in my heart, so until then it’s time for saying goodbye.” — Muppets
10. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie The Pooh
11. “Sometimes in life, there is not enough time to say all the things we need to say, and when it is all over all we can say is goodbye.” — Anonymous
12. “Any moment now we were going to say goodbye.” — André Aciman
13. “It feels right. But it’s emotional. Saying goodbye to anything you’ve done that long is hard.” — Angela Ruggiero
14. “My mouth could say goodbye, but not with my heart” ― Restu Ilahi
15. “You think there will be a time to say goodbye, but people have often gone before you know about it.” ― Rachel Joyce
16. “Sometimes you just have to hold your head high, try not to cry, and say goodbye.” — Anonymous
17. “I wonder how you say goodbye to someone forever?” ― Ann M. Martin
18. “Dreams are built around the word hello, but in the end fate only knows the word goodbye.” ― Shannon L. Alder
19. “I have to say goodbye to things in order to take on bigger things that I’ve always wanted to do.” — Mahershala Ali
20. “The hardest goodbyes are the ones that were never said and never explained, the ones where the story wasn’t over.” ― Virginia Brown
21. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coehlo
22. “I guess saying goodbye makes us reach out for those we would ordinarily ignore. Maybe we care about them more, too, when it is time to part.” ― Kyung-Sook Shin
23. “As you say goodbye to lingering disappointments and unattended grief, you will discover that every person, situation and painful incident comes bearing gifts.” — Debbie Ford
24. “I always hate saying ‘goodbye.” ― Avijeet Das
25. “This is a long goodbye, yet not time enough. I have no aptitude for this. I cannot learn this. I would hold on, and hold on, until my hands clutch at emptiness.” ― Juliet Marillier
26. “I say good-bye to hope, but I also say goodbye to hope’s disappointment.” ― David Levithan
27. “It’s always difficult to say goodbye, especially when one has spent a long time.” — Lilith Saintcrow
28. “Saying goodbye to a lover is like giving them the last wine drop in a glass about to break.” ― Farid F. Ibrahim
29. “Goodbye always makes my throat hurt.” – Charlie Brown
30. “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” — J.M. Barrie
31. “It’s never easy for me to say goodbye.” — Yo Yo Honey Singh
32. “Sometimes saying goodbye to the ones you love can be the most appropriate thing to do in order to help them understand there are consequences for each and every choice we make.” — Raphael Zernoff
33. “Sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.” ― Jonathan Harnisch
34. “Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.” — Ritu Ghatourey
35. “Whenever I have bid a hasty goodbye to a loved one, I’ve always made sure that my record collection was safely stored away in the boot of the car.” — Robert Plant
36. “It takes courage to say goodbye. To stare at a thing lost and know it is gone forever. Some tears are iron forged.” — Jay Kristoff
37. “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.” — Richard Bach
38. “So for now I say goodbye to this chapter of my life and I look forward to what comes next.” – Brooke Davis
39. “Goodbye, goodbye, I hate the word. Solitude has long since turned brown and withered, sitting bitter in my mouth and heavy in my veins.” — R.M. Grenon
40. “I don’t say goodbye unless I think it’s final.” — Shannon A. Thompson
41. “A goodbye isn’t painful unless you’re never going to say hello again.” — Anonymous
42. “I think that you’re supposed to know when it’s time to say goodbye.” — Judy Sheindlin
43. “Saying goodbye hurts, but knowing it is goodbye kills.” — Joel Kennedy
44. “I am not afraid to die; I am only afraid of saying goodbye to you forever.” ― Shannon L. Alder
45. “Saying goodbye to the people you love isn’t easy.” — Jodi Picoult
46. “At the end of the day I have always seen the end of my relationships as a personal failure. There is nothing ever pretty in saying goodbye.” — Elisabetta Canalis
47. “I guess that’s what saying goodbye is always like- like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.” — Lauren Oliver
48. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
49. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” — Mahatma Gandhi
50. “There’s a certain process that you have to go through to say goodbye.” — Ruta Gedmintas
51. “It takes a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye.” — Anonymous
52. “Oftentimes we say goodbye to the person we love without wanting to. Though that doesn’t mean that we’ve stopped loving them or we’ve stopped to car. Sometimes goodbye is just a painful way to say ‘I love you.’” — Anonymous
53. “Saying goodbye is a little like dying.” ― Marjane Satrapi
54. “It’s the emptiest and yet the fullest of all human messages: ‘Good-bye.’” ― Kurt Vonnegut
55. “Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.” – Trey Parker
56. “I didn’t think saying good-bye would be so hard. And with everything that’s to come—We’ll face it together. To whatever end.” ― Sarah J. Maas
57. “I go to the ocean to say goodbye.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
58. “I don’t think that I could ever say goodbye to you… Not even if you said it to me.” ― Jaimie Roberts
59. “A man never knows how to say goodbye; a woman never knows when to say it.” – Helen Rowland
60. “The hardest part of the show is saying goodbye when it’s all done. It really breaks you.” — Genevieve Gorder
61. “By and by we shall say goodbye” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
62. “I didn’t know how to say goodbye. Words were stupid. They said so little. Yet they opened up holes you could fall into and never climb out of again.” ― Ann Rinaldi
63. “There’s nothing more difficult than saying goodbye to a house where you’ve suffered.” ― Vasily Grossman
64. “Saying goodbye is the most painful way of solving a problem.” — Anonymous
65. “I really don’t want to say goodbye to any of you people.” – Christa McAuliffe
66. “I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there’s a lot of difference.” — Ernest Hemingway
67. “When I am brave enough to say goodbye, I’ll use the wings you gave me and away I’ll fly” ― Celia McMahon
68. “Saying goodbye isn’t the hard part, it’s what we leave behind that’s tough.” — Anonymous
69. “I do not say goodbye. I believe that’s one of the bullshitiest words ever invented. It’s not like you’re given the choice to say bad-bye, or awful-bye, or couldn’t-care-less-about-you-bye.” — John Green
70. “At the end of the day I have always seen the end of my relationships as a personal failure. There is nothing ever pretty in saying goodbye.” – Elisabetta Canalis
71. “Unless one says goodbye to what one loves, and unless one travels to completely new territories, one can expect merely a long wearing away of oneself and an eventual extinction.” — Jean Dubuffet
72. “To say goodbye, is to die a little. To say good morning, is a hope for a new sunshine in a cloudy winter.” ― Nabil TOUSSI
73. “It’s really painful to say goodbye to someone that you don’t want to let go, but it’s even more painful to ask someone to stay if they never wanted to stay.” — Anonymous
74. “And the relationships that happen become so intense, deep, involved and complex and really hard to say goodbye to. The hardest part of the show is saying goodbye when it’s all done. It really breaks you.” — Genevieve Gorder
75. “We need to say goodbye to the traditional methodologies of corporate universities.” – Marcus Buckingham
76. “It’s hard to say goodbye to the place you’ve lived. It can be as hard as saying goodbye to a person.” — Jonathan Safran Foer
77. “This wasn’t the first time that I’d come close to death, but it was the first time I’d been involved in this part of it, this strange, terrible saying goodbye to someone you’ve loved.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
78. “Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say goodbye. I hate goodbyes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.” — Charles M. Schulz
79. “There’s never a right time to say goodbye. But I gotta make the first move ’cause if I don’t you’re gonna start hating me.” — Chris Brown
80. “You know you are in love when the hardest thing to do is to say goodbye!” — Anonymous
Goodbyes are sadly unavoidable sometimes. No matter how much you hate saying it, you won’t be able to move forward unless you say the word. Yes, it is not easy to say goodbye, and it will never be! But remember: for each goodbye, there is a new hello that will welcome you! So, when there’s no other choice but to say the painful word — just do it and continue living.
Here are 50 perfect farewell messages to coworkers that will remind them of how much they will be missed.
You’ve been so dependable, supportive, encouraging, and honest during your time here. Your new place is incredibly lucky to have you. Keep doing great things.
Thank you for all the support and goodwill you have shown to me over the years. The sweet memories of working with a coworker like you will be hard to forget. Farewell, mate.
Take care of yourself in your new job. I wish I could be your coworker there too. The people you’re going to work with are in for a real treat. Goodbye, and keep in touch.
Thanks for all those times when you helped me in the tasks I wasn’t able to do on time. It will be difficult to fill the void created by your absence. I am really going to miss you. Best of luck.
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same.
Your decision-making skills are an asset that have always inspired me to be like you. I appreciate all your words of encouragement and everything I have learned from you. Farewell, sir.
This is such an exciting opportunity for you, but we still can’t believe you’re leaving. Please keep in touch.
It’s time to move on and scale new heights. But we wish that you don’t forget the old friends who have loved you always.
Thanks for training me. I’ll do my best to make sure I uphold the work ethic and commitment that you’re known for. Thanks for the motivation and for the on-the-job training I have received from you. Goodbye, mate.
Thank you for your help and kindness. I wish you the best of luck and continued success wherever you may find yourself.
You’ve been a friend, colleague, and mentor whom I have treasured so much. However, you’re bound for bigger and better things. Goodbye, mate.
Thanks a lot for all your support and encouragement. You are the best colleague I have ever met. Bye, and keep in touch.
The troubles of miles of commute was undone by your one smile. Do well.
Your resignation is a cruel reminder that all good things in life must come to an end. You may have stopped being a colleague, but you’ll always remain my friend. Farewell.
The most difficult and trying part of you leaving will be adjusting to a new boss who likely won’t be half the leader that you are.
You may no longer be my coworker, but you’ll continue to be my friend. Good luck at your new job.
It has been an honor working with a wonderful colleague like you these past years.
Saying goodbye to a true friend is really tough. But I bid you goodbye with the hope that we would meet again one day.
Thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. You’re a wonderful boss. It’s so sad to hear that you’re leaving. I’ll never forget you. Farewell, boss, and I hope to see you again soon.
You decided to move to greener pastures, but your departure will leave our grounds barren and dry. Farewell.
It has been a pleasure working with a boss like you. Thank you for making the workplace a fun place to be. I hope for your success in your new role. Good luck, and farewell.
You’re moving away; this office is going nowhere. However, if you need someone to help proofread your work, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. Here’s wishing you the best of goodbyes.
It didn’t take long for me to see you as my friend, rather than my colleague. I’m lucky to have worked with you, and I’ll miss you. Let’s keep in touch.
I’ve learned a lot working with you these past years. I know you’ll be successful in your new position. Thank you and farewell, friend.
While you might no longer work here, let’s keep working on our friendship. I’d love to stay in contact with you.
I’m seriously going to miss you here. Best of luck in your new endeavor. See you soon.
I’ll miss you and think of you. Thank you for the good times and sweet memories that we shared together.
I will miss my colleague and best friend, but the sweet memories we shared together will stay in my heart forever. You are the best staff I have ever worked with. Bye.
While it pains me to bid you farewell as you start a new phase of your career, I sincerely wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.
I want to hunt down the head hunter who hunted you and tell him that he has scored his best hunt ever. Farewell.
We wish you boundless success wherever you go.
I like the feeling of finding it difficult to say goodbye to someone because it only means that I have found a true friend.
Working in this office without you will be so boring. We’ll miss having a wonderful colleague like you. Good luck in your future endeavors.
I know that you are going to get an awesome salary in your new job but there is no guarantee that you will get awesome colleagues like us too. Do you still want to go? Farewell.
I hope the next place that you work will rival the joy that you’ve had working here.
Wishing you much joy and happiness as you begin a new chapter in your life.
I hope that your new place is full of fun and happiness. Take care, and wishing you all the best.
Every once in a while, you meet a person that you instantly click with. You’re definitely one of those people for me. I’m so happy that we got to spend the time we did together. Enjoy your new position.
Our teamwork hasn’t been the same since you left the office. We’re really missing your valuable contributions.
You were the best colleague that I have ever worked with. I wish you all the best for your future. Farewell.
Dear officemate, you are an exceptional staff member dedicated to promoting excellence and making the workplace a fun place to be. We will definitely miss you, and we hope you will keep in touch with us from time to time.
I’ve really enjoyed working with you. Good luck at your new job.
Go ahead, enjoy your new job. We are friends forever!
Good colleagues are the kind of people you can rely on, generally get along with, share a joke or two, and ask for help. You’re definitely all of these things. I’m sure your new coworkers will think the same about you as well.
Having awesome colleagues is a bad habit, because it’ll be impossible to work with someone else now that you’re leaving. Goodbye.
Wishing you the best in this next phase of your career. Congratulations, and best of luck.
Having fun and being happy here won’t be as easy without a wonderful person like you around. The whole workplace will miss you. Goodbye, and all the best.
Having the privilege of working with you has been the highlight of my time here. Best of luck in your new position.
Monthly targets and performance appraisals will come and go, but the memories of working with a colleague like you will stay in my heart forever.
Let me take this moment to acknowledge the deep gratitude I have for your many kindnesses and unwavering support during all of the years that I worked with you. I wish you all the best. Goodbye.
Having you as a partner at work was one of the best professional experiences in my career. Farewell.
I hope you enjoyed these great farewell messages to help inspire you to find the right words for your own unique message.
When this happens, you have to find the right way to say goodbye. The following goodbye and good luck messages are designed for friends.
Is someone leaving your workplace and you want some farewell wishes for a colleague to write in a card? Need help finding the right words for a goodbye messages to coworkers?
You aren’t alone!
A colleague leaving your workplace is a sad time. We forge strong connections with our coworkers so having to say farewell can be tough. Especially if you were close to them. That’s why when they’re departing you should let them know just how much they meant to you. So in order to help find the right words we’ve put together some of the best farewell wishes for a colleague to help you out.
Writing farewell messages are harder than they might first seem. Saying goodbye is tough. It can be hard to express how you feel to a colleague. They become friends, but because of knowing them through work it can make those relationships that bit different to other people in our lives. So when they leave work you can feel conflicted. They might be moving on to a new job or promotion, maybe even retiring, so your feelings might be mixed. Pleased for them but also sad to see them go. And so if you’re giving them a farewell card or gift then deciding on what to say in your message can be tricky.
So use the farewell colleague messages and quotes below to help inspire you to let a coworker know how much you’ll miss them!
These sample farewell wishes are perfect for saying how much you’re going to miss a colleague that is leaving. Use them in a farewell card, with a gift or even to share on social media.
Sometimes a heartfelt goodbye is the best way to wish a colleague farewell. These messages do just that – saying goodbye when you know you’re going to find it tough.
If you’re colleague is the right type then a funny message poking fun at their leaving could be the ideal choice. Enjoy a final laugh with your coworker and make a joke about their leaving.
Often colleagues have helped us or become a really important part of our lives. These farewell messages go beyond saying goodbye but also thank the colleague leaving for everything they’ve done for you.
Maybe it’s you who have decided to leave or got a promotion, and you want to wish your colleagues goodbye. If so then knowing what to say to those coworkers might be causing you problems. Try some of these examples messages.
Goodbye Messages for a Colleague Thats Leaving the Company Before you leave, I wish to let you know that the best of times were.